× Members

Credit to the member guides

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139112 by Katykat
Credit to the member guides was created by Katykat
I had my PIP assessment today. I feel it went well it was carried out by a nurse who was friendly, polite and I felt like she listened to me and understood how my difficulties impacted on my daily life. She told me that she would do her best to transpose these difficulties into her report. I am quietly optimistic but also aware that sometimes neither her report nor my claim form can have much bearing on the DMs decision. Talking of my claim form, at the end of the assessment she asked me if I could think of anything else I wanted to add and I said no as I thought I had included as much as possible on my claim form. She replied that she had looked through my form with pleasure as it was articulate and well thought out. Now that is completely due to following the excellent guides, so Thank you to you mods and to Steve & Holliday. I'll let you know how I go on.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139124 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Credit to the member guides
Thank you for your kind words Katykat. I hope that your positive experience translates into the outcome you deserve.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katykat

More
8 years 8 months ago #140111 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Credit to the member guides- update
I got my letter today, Enhanced daily living & Standard mobility for 3 yrs. The DM states that his/ her decision was based on treatment, medication, test results, symptoms, and the assessment so it's clear that the assessor did indeed give a favourable report. My condition is variable and herein lies a problem. I have R arthritis, osteoarthritis plus neuropathy in both feet. I had steroid injections in both knees 2 weeks ago ( after my assessment ) and it has been a success. It has a knock on effect, as when I have a little less pain and a little more mobility my mood lightens due to taking less medication. And so, at present, I feel I don't qualify for Enhanced living. I know the injections have a limited time and I know I will have periods when I hit rock bottom again so I am doing my best to feel grateful that DWP has recognised this and made the award based on this variability. My thanks for the excellent information gained from all of you once again.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140118 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Credit to the member guides- update

Katykat wrote: I got my letter today, Enhanced daily living & Standard mobility for 3 yrs. The DM states that his/ her decision was based on treatment, medication, test results, symptoms, and the assessment so it's clear that the assessor did indeed give a favourable report. My condition is variable and herein lies a problem. I have R arthritis, osteoarthritis plus neuropathy in both feet. I had steroid injections in both knees 2 weeks ago ( after my assessment ) and it has been a success. It has a knock on effect, as when I have a little less pain and a little more mobility my mood lightens due to taking less medication. And so, at present, I feel I don't qualify for Enhanced living. I know the injections have a limited time and I know I will have periods when I hit rock bottom again so I am doing my best to feel grateful that DWP has recognised this and made the award based on this variability. My thanks for the excellent information gained from all of you once again.

Congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments about B&W.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140139 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Credit to the member guides
Would it be pertinent to request a copty of the assessers report? I'm not challenging it but I thought if I had a copy it might help when I am due for reassessment. How would I do this and is there a time limit?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140144 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Credit to the member guides

Katykat wrote: Would it be pertinent to request a copty of the assessers report? I'm not challenging it but I thought if I had a copy it might help when I am due for reassessment. How would I do this and is there a time limit?

Hi Kk,

Yes, you can request a copy of The PA4 PIP Medical Report for your future reference by ringing the PIP Helpline number :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

The sooner you ring the better, before it is "put into storage" !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.