× Members

PIP for Mental Health

More
8 years 8 months ago #139119 by jpg2502
PIP for Mental Health was created by jpg2502
i have received the forms to apply for PIP.
i was wondering if it is awarded on mental health grounds? as looking at the questions on the form it appears to be more about physically disabled issues.
i an starting to wonder if its even worth applying, but then again it was recommended to me to apply as i am spending a fortune on taxis to make appointments such as Doctors/WRAG - sometimes shopping.
i have also been having horrendous issues lately in public with panic attacks and whatnot.

also just how important is it to have a letter from the doctor to send with the forms, as it states the forms must be back by 27th august, however my doctor has gone away this week till september, and i am not comfortable with any other DR at my surgery.
however i have already given 'permission' for them to contact my doctor if needs be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139128 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP for Mental Health
Jay

The majority of the questions can be answered in the context of mental health problems, for example someone with depression may require prompting to get dressed, someone with OCD may not be able to reliably get washed and dressed.

You also need to distinguish between the two awards; Daily Living and Mobility, your post suggests that you may have problems with Going Out.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Being able to provide supporting evidence is important if it is available, you may be able to provide some information by having a look at your medical records. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.