× Members

PIP query

More
8 years 8 months ago #139144 by Lynda
PIP query was created by Lynda
Hello. I have recently completed a new claim for PIP. Unfortunately my Mental Health worker was off sick when i had to put my claim form in, and her care plan was not sent with the form. I received a letter from Atos telling me they had received my claim and are processing it. In the meantime someone either from DWP or Atos has phoned my mental health worker to discuss, i suppose, the info that they needed that they had not received on the paper care plan.

When i saw my mental health worker she told me that the person had said she was going to recommend that i did not need a face to face assessment.

If this is the case does that usually mean you are likely to be refused PIP?

In the meantime i have been given the care plan and will forward it onto DWP/Atos.

many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139152 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP query
Lynda

Although the PIP legislation allows for a negative Decision to be made without an assessment being made, I've not seen anyone on this forum or any of the others that I review, report this happening.

I'm afraid you will have to wait and see how the DWP Decision Maker treats the situation which could take another month, but hopefully a lot less.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #139157 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic PIP query
Thank you Gordon for your quick reply. I live in a very remote area of Scotland so i dont know if this has any bearing on me meeting them face to face. Will report back when i have a decision as it may be of use to others in the future. kind regards.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.