× Members

PIP appointment not received !

More
8 years 8 months ago #139160 by arjayce
PIP appointment not received ! was created by arjayce
I received a phone call from a PIP assessor saying they were stood at my front door as they had come to do the assessment. I knew nothing about this and was at my son's some 70 miles away. I was asked if I could return home and when I explained where I was and that I knew nothing about the appointment, I was told that the appointment would be re-arranged.
A few weeks after I received a letter saying that as I had no valid reason for not attending the assessment my claim was not going to be proceeded with. I replied to this explaining the conversation with the PIP assessor but I have not heard anything since which is now several weeks ago. Don;t know what I should do.
I have to go for an ESA assessment at the end of August.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appointment not received !
AJ

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am afraid the DWP are entitled to assume that a letter sent by them or their contractors was delivered.

You have two options going forward, you can pursue both but there may be no point.

First, you can challenge this Decision but you will need to show that the letter was not delivered, this could be for one of two reasons, there was a documented problem with the mail deliveries in your area at the time the letter was sent, or that it was not in fact sent you.

In the case of the latter you can make a Subject Access Request for the following from the Assessment Provider (AP); proof that the letter was requested, the address used, that it was printed and that it was posted,

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Or, you can make a new claim for PIP, there is no waiting time.

The advantage of the first option is that if successful then your original claim will apply from the date that you made, the downside is that it may be difficult to prove your case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.