× Members

ESA Re-Assessment Timescales

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139210 by Augustus
ESA Re-Assessment Timescales was created by Augustus
My ESA re-assessment is theoretically due now after two years. Can I ask what isnthe likely delay in receiving the ESA50 to complete, as it is turning out in practice? I live in London.
And also, how would any delay show itself? Would I receive the form on time to complete as normal to their deadlines, with a long processing wait afterwards?
Or will the delay mean the actual form being received much later to begin with?
And I thought it would be a good idea to get the latest ESA50 so that I am familiar with it and try to answer fully some questions on paper, at my pace. I find the space allowed for responses minimal and seem to be the polar opposite to your advice to be as full and as detailed as possible in one's answers.
So I wonder whether adding extra pages will mean they are ever read by HCAs.
Or is it the case that the more you give in reply, the more likely it will be missed and the more you are going to have to rely on Mand. Recons. And/or appeals?

Grateful for your feedback on all this please.

A.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139216 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Re-Assessment Timescales

Augustus wrote: My ESA re-assessment is theoretically due now after two years. Can I ask what isnthe likely delay in receiving the ESA50 to complete, as it is turning out in practice? I live in London.
And also, how would any delay show itself? Would I receive the form on time to complete as normal to their deadlines, with a long processing wait afterwards?
Or will the delay mean the actual form being received much later to begin with?
And I thought it would be a good idea to get the latest ESA50 so that I am familiar with it and try to answer fully some questions on paper, at my pace. I find the space allowed for responses minimal and seem to be the polar opposite to your advice to be as full and as detailed as possible in one's answers.
So I wonder whether adding extra pages will mean they are ever read by HCAs.
Or is it the case that the more you give in reply, the more likely it will be missed and the more you are going to have to rely on Mand. Recons. And/or appeals?

Grateful for your feedback on all this please.

A.

Hi A,

Members are still reporting that their reassessment has been deferred :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=105095#139178

You need to contact ESA to confirm your expected reassessment date.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

You are supposed to get 4 weeks to fill in and return your ESA50, but see this :

Invited to an ESA Face to Face Assessment (ESA “medical”) but no ESA50 sent

If you wish to be prepared as you can be, you can fill in and save a Pdf ESA50 then update it when the time comes :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 3rd & 4th links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (CHDA)

With regards to you providing evidence with the ESA50, it's simple really, if you don't provide it, they can't possibly read it and take it into account with your reassessment.

The idea is not to have to request and MR/Appeal if at all possible.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.