× Members

advice/help please

• Still moving
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139212 by Still moving
advice/help please was created by Still moving
hello
first let me say thank you to those who run this site, i was awarded pips standard and it was the knowledge you guys impart to us that got it me , thank you
so on to my query
a few weeks back i heard that i may be entitled to a further payment on my pension credit, i applied and yes got a further increase to my pension credit, but it was back dated to june but my pips was back dated to april 30th , should this increase also not be back dated to april ?? i ask because whilst awaiting for the decision on my P.C. a form came through the door , it was the same form i had filled out to claim the increase, i left it and sure enough the increase was made, now had i not applied as early i did and used the application sent to me on the 28/07 then the back pay would,ve been made to that date?? is this right ? should i ask that it be back dated as per my pips ??
cheers
dave
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139226 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic advice/help please

Still moving wrote: hello
first let me say thank you to those who run this site, i was awarded pips standard and it was the knowledge you guys impart to us that got it me , thank you
so on to my query
a few weeks back i heard that i may be entitled to a further payment on my pension credit, i applied and yes got a further increase to my pension credit, but it was back dated to june but my pips was back dated to april 30th , should this increase also not be back dated to april ?? i ask because whilst awaiting for the decision on my P.C. a form came through the door , it was the same form i had filled out to claim the increase, i left it and sure enough the increase was made, now had i not applied as early i did and used the application sent to me on the 28/07 then the back pay would,ve been made to that date?? is this right ? should i ask that it be back dated as per my pips ??
cheers
dave

Hi Sm,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

We do not really advise on PC, we advise on ESA, DLA & PIP !

However, if you are entitled to extra payments on top of your PC due to a PIP Daily Living Award, you should be entitled to back payment of the extra monies from the date of the PIP Award.

See : Turn2Us PC.

&

Age UK PC.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.