× Members

pip, mentioning children

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139222 by sleepysheep
pip, mentioning children was created by sleepysheep
Hi all, I'm completing my pip forms to go to pip from dla and was wondering what and if I should mention about having a toddler at home and the difficulties I have at times and how my parents and family look after her an awful lot. I haven't mentioned her so far on the forms as there hasn't been any questions that apply but was wondering how will affect the assessment of my forms.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139235 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip, mentioning children

sleepysheep wrote: Hi all, I'm completing my pip forms to go to pip from dla and was wondering what and if I should mention about having a toddler at home and the difficulties I have at times and how my parents and family look after her an awful lot. I haven't mentioned her so far on the forms as there hasn't been any questions that apply but was wondering how will affect the assessment of my forms.

Hi ss,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Although I understand that your limitations/disabilities will affect the way that you care for your child, the qualifying criteria for PIP is particularly "How your Disability Affects You"

You need to score enough points under the relevant Mobility and/or Daily Living Activities/Descriptors, so you concentrate on describing how and why you do paying particular reference to the appropriate PIP Activities/Descriptors.

There is a resume of them : Here.

You could also take our : PIP Self Test

You should refer to our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) whist filling in The PIP 2 Form.

Questions may be asked regarding how you manage to look after your child at a PIP face to face assessment if you have one, so you should be prepared for that.

Especially, if the actions involved with caring for your child are in direct contradiction to your stated limitations/disabilities.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.