× Members

Some help please with my ESA claim

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139276 by redgt9
Some help please with my ESA claim was created by redgt9
Dear Moderators, would you please advise. I am on IR ESA in the Support Group, I also have my wife on the claim and up until recently her wages were taken from my ESA payment. It has stopped now because sadly my wife as become ill herself and she no longer gets any wages/sick pay etc.
My wife's job are going to release her from her job due to being unfit to do the job.
My wife as worked with them for over 27 years and they are thinking about giving her a pay off of 34 days pay, my question is do we have to inform the DWP of this money, is it classed as wages if she gets it.
Thank you for any help.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #139278 by

redgt9 wrote: Dear Moderators, would you please advise. I am on IR ESA in the Support Group, I also have my wife on the claim and up until recently her wages were taken from my ESA payment. It has stopped now because sadly my wife as become ill herself and she no longer gets any wages/sick pay etc.
My wife's job are going to release her from her job due to being unfit to do the job.
My wife as worked with them for over 27 years and they are thinking about giving her a pay off of 34 days pay, my question is do we have to inform the DWP of this money, is it classed as wages if she gets it.
Thank you for any help.

Hi rgt9,

As you are in receipt of IR ESA, you should inform The DWP of any monies, wages, or lump sums that she receives.

They will then decide whether deductions from your IR ESA are applicable.

If she is entitled to a Works Pension, you will also have to provide The DWP with details of that.

You should inform them in writing and keep copies :

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #139281 by redgt9
Replied by redgt9 on topic Some help please with my ESA claim
Hi Bro58, thank you for your speedy and informative reply. That helps a lot thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris