× Members

ESA IR PREMIUMS

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139373 by tango
Replied by tango on topic ESA IR PREMIUMS
just rang dwp today for form and they said this would be sent out in the next 5 working days

tango
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139374 by
Replied by on topic ESA IR PREMIUMS

tango wrote: just rang dwp today for form and they said this would be sent out in the next 5 working days

tango

Hi T,

If you can confirm that you are single, with only the household income that you have previously stated, £109.30 + 60.95/Week and you feel that you fulfil the other qualifying criteria for The SDP, i.e. No one claims Carers Allowance for you, you live alone, and are in receipt of a DL PIP award, I can give you a rough idea of what your potential maximum IR ESA entitlement may be.

bro58

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139376 by
Replied by on topic ESA IR PREMIUMS

bro58 wrote:

tango wrote: just rang dwp today for form and they said this would be sent out in the next 5 working days

tango

Hi T,

If you can confirm that you are single, with only the household income that you have previously stated, £109.30 + 60.95/Week and you feel that you fulfil the other qualifying criteria for The SDP, i.e. No one claims Carers Allowance for you, you live alone, and are in receipt of a DL PIP award, I can give you a rough idea of what your potential maximum IR ESA entitlement may be.

bro58

Here is an example for a single with the household income stated that is entitled to payment of IR ESA and The SDP :

All figures are weekly :

Maximum IR ESA entitlement :

ESA Personal Allowance single - 25 or over = £73.10

Support Group Component Addition = £36.20

Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) - Single for being in The SG = £15.75

Severe Disability Premium (SDP) - Single for being in receipt of a PIP DL Award and fulfilling the other SDP qualifying criteria = £61.85

Total maximum IR ESA entitlement = £186.90

Deductions of applicable household income = £109.30 CB ESA + £60.95 OP = £170.25

In this example if you deduct £170.25 from £186.90 this leaves an IR ESA top up payment of £16.65/Week.

So your total household income would then consist of :

£109.30 CB ESA + £16.65 IR ESA top-up + £60.95 OP = £186.90/Week

Benefit Rates 2015/16

As previously advised being paid any amount of IR ESA passports you to full HB entitlement and "other benefits".

Even if the above figures are not a true reflection of your circumstances this example should give you a good understanding of how it is worked out.

Fill in the form and return it ASAP :

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

bro58

More
8 years 7 months ago #140567 by tango
i got the form and filled this in and returned to dwp on 10 august got the supporting documents back with compliments of dwp saying that supporting documents had been scanned and that ny claim was been dealt with.
Then nothing. Rang dwp several times about this matter and finally yesterday friday got a call back from dwp saying that they had not received my form. I pointed out that i had received my supporting documents back from them along with a compliments slip. The staff member apologised and said they must have lost the form. He said that they would send me another form out and that they would back date any payments due.
The point is that i am not a happy bunny and would like to know how i go on about making a official complaint.
regards tango

More
8 years 7 months ago #140603 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA IR PREMIUMS

tango wrote: i got the form and filled this in and returned to dwp on 10 august got the supporting documents back with compliments of dwp saying that supporting documents had been scanned and that ny claim was been dealt with.
Then nothing. Rang dwp several times about this matter and finally yesterday friday got a call back from dwp saying that they had not received my form. I pointed out that i had received my supporting documents back from them along with a compliments slip. The staff member apologised and said they must have lost the form. He said that they would send me another form out and that they would back date any payments due.
The point is that i am not a happy bunny and would like to know how i go on about making a official complaint.
regards tango

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #141517 by tango
hi there
just got decision letter today amd after deductions for my pension i am getting £17 in income related ESA top ups.
plus i was having to pay some rent and council tax and rang housing benefits office today and they informed me that as a result of me getting these income based ESA top ups i won't have to pay any rent and council tax.
Thanks for the wonderful advice you have given me. Without your advice i would not have bothered to apply for these top ups.
regards tango

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.