× Members

ESAc and WCA

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139392 by nobblyknees
ESAc and WCA was created by nobblyknees
Hi I am in receipt of ESAc assessment rate since 26 oct 14 and returned an ESA50 form with proofs 02 feb 15. I was sent an appointment for WCA close to my home but there was a letter with it stating that the assessment was on the 1st floor with 18 steps and to contact them if I have difficulty with stairs as I would not be able to use the lift in an emergency.

They obviously noticed on my form that I have mobility problems and cant use stairs so I feel they were testing me. I phoned them and they have arranged for assessment further away but ground floor and I also requested in my form and by phone that it be recorded. (do they have to confirm in their appointment letter that it will be recorded? Only they havent.)

What I would like to know is if it is decided that I am entitled to ESA be it WRAG or SG will the extra money be backdated to the 13th week of assessment rate (back to feb 15 when I got my ESA50 form back to them) or will they start the higher rate from their decision date?

Also if they dont decide before my contribution ESA ends in Oct 15 should I then claim ESA ir and would this confuse matters and make it that I am starting a new claim? I feel they have dragged their feet so that my contributions run out before they can assess me and make a decision so that I have to put in a new claim. OR am I just being synical?

One other thing if that ok? I put my last fit note in lat week and I usually get a text to tell me they have received it and that payment will be made on usual day.

This time I got a different text in bold and all it said was they have received my fit note. My ESAc was paid into my account 2 days earlier than it should have been but it was also put on my statement as DWPIIS and not the usual EES?

Should I contact them to ask why the change in payment day and letter code? I dont want to stir them up anymore than necessary.

Sorry for long post I have brain fog/concentration problems and all this whirring around my head doesnt help.

Kind regards Julie.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by . Reason: Reformatted into paras

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139393 by
Replied by on topic ESAc and WCA
Hi J,

" (do they have to confirm in their appointment letter that it will be recorded? Only they havent.)"

No, I would not expect them to confirm this in the appointment letter.

You could drop them an e-mail to remind them that you have requested recording of the face to face.

Contact Maximus (CHDA)

"What I would like to know is if it is decided that I am entitled to ESA be it WRAG or SG will the extra money be backdated to the 13th week of assessment rate (back to feb 15 when I got my ESA50 form back to them) or will they start the higher rate from their decision date?"

If you are placed into The WRAG or The SG, the extra WRA or SG Component Addition payment should be back dated to the start of week 14 of your ESA claim.

N.B. If you are placed into The WRAG rather than The SG, payments of CB ESA in The WRAG will still only continue until you have exhausted your 365 days entitlement to payment of CB ESA "whilst not in The SG" :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

If you are placed into The SG payments of CB ESA will continue for as long as you remain in The SG and your "CB ESA Payment 365 Day Clock" will be reset to zero.

"Also if they dont decide before my contribution ESA ends in Oct 15 should I then claim ESA ir and would this confuse matters and make it that I am starting a new claim? I feel they have dragged their feet so that my contributions run out before they can assess me and make a decision so that I have to put in a new claim. OR am I just being synical?"

Yes, your payment of CB ESA will cease after 365 days (circa October 2015) whether you remain in The Assessment Phase, or even if you are placed into The WRAG.

Therefore, you need to contact DWP around two months before your CB ESA payments will have been exhausted, and request an ESA 3 financial assessment form, so that you can be assessed for payment of IR ESA when your CB ESA payments stop.

Sample ESA 3 Form

This is not classed as making a "New Claim" you will still have the same ESA claim, but will be financially assessed for entitlement to payment of IR ESA.

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

An ESA 3 Form has nothing to do with which ESA "Group" that you are in. (WRAG or SG)

ESA is a single "benefit" with two different elements/types of payment, CB ESA and IR ESA.

"This time I got a different text in bold and all it said was they have received my fit note. My ESAc was paid into my account 2 days earlier than it should have been but it was also put on my statement as DWPIIS and not the usual EES?"

The main thing is that they have confirmed that they have your fit note.

I don't know why your "payee reference" is showing as IIS rather than the normal EESA.

Different payee references sometime show up when there has been some form of admin adjustment, usually it shows as JSA rather than EESA.

I would give it until your next payment, then contact ESA if it still seems incorrect.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Finally, you should have a look at this FAQ in anticipation of the face to face :

ESA Medical – What to expect

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the ESA85 medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

Good luck an please keep us updated ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #139399 by nobblyknees
Replied by nobblyknees on topic ESAc and WCA
Thank you so much for the info. I will contact DWP re ESA3. I had no idea it could be the same claim until you told me. I have been going through your your helpful guides and handbooks slowly taking in info so hopefully it will stay in my head (hard with meds zonking me out). I will keep you posted. Thanks again. kind regards Julie.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 7 months ago #141250 by nobblyknees
Replied by nobblyknees on topic ESAc and WCA
Hi I want to thank Benefits and Work for their valuable support and advice. I dont know what I would have done without you. I had my WCA for ESA in August and I followed advice given and am pleased to say I have been placed in the support group. I have no idea how long for as the DWP havent said but I cant tell you how much of a relief this is. The stress of this process worsened my condition and the WCA was stopped early as the assessor could see how much pain and distress I was in.
I have a couple of quick questions though if you dont mind. 1) Should I ask DWP for a copy of the ESA WCA report?
I ask this because of the mistrust I have of the DWP and because I have no time frame for staying in the support group so feel I may need it for future. Also I am in receipt of DLA and think that it wont be long before I have to go through the transition to PIP process so want to be as prepared as possible.
2) Just before I got my decision from WCA I requested an ESA3 financial assessment form because my ESA c was due to end Oct 2015. Should I still complete this? I dont want to upset the apple cart so to speak! Kind regards Joolz.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141254 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESAc and WCA
Joolz

Congratulations on the award.

There's no reason why you cannot request the assessment report, just ask for the ESA85. The prognosis is usually used to set your re-assessment date.

As you are now in the Support Group, your ESA(CB) will continue in payment as long as you remain in the SG. It may still be worth completing the ESA3 because you are now entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium for being in the SG, but it is only payable if you are receiving an ESA(IR) top-up to your ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nobblyknees

More
8 years 7 months ago #141256 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESAc and WCA
That's great news Joolz! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.