× Members

PIP assessment

• Debra Cox
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #139401 by Debra Cox
PIP assessment was created by Debra Cox
After being awarded PIP until June 2016 my husband had to go for a review yesterday a year early as stated in the original award.Higher level Daily Living/Lower Mobility.Just wanted to update that all Atos staff in reception friendly and accommodating not sure of the outcome but felt the assessor didn't have much experience of mental health. Felt some questions very degrading-Can you take 7 away from 100?Can you use a mobile? can you work out change from a pound if you buy milk? as my husband said having mental health doesn't mean he's stupid.We await the decision but both feel from yesterdays experience it won't be a positive one.
The assessor was very brisk,and did not seem to like that i was there to support my husband. I will keep you posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment
DC

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The questions you mention are fairly standard for PIP, you need to remember that PIP covers a wide range of problems from disability through mental illness to cognitive issues.

Decision are currently taking 2-4 weeks with most being at the lower limit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra Cox

• Debra Cox
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #139496 by Debra Cox
Replied by Debra Cox on topic PIP assessment
Hi Thank you for your reply can you clarify what moth stands for
.Regards D, Cox

More
8 years 9 months ago #139497 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

D.C wrote: Hi Thank you for your reply can you clarify what moth stands for
.Regards D, Cox

"moth" - "most" :lol: :lol:

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra Cox

More
8 years 9 months ago #139498 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment

D.C wrote: Hi Thank you for your reply can you clarify what moth stands for
.Regards D, Cox

I think this should have read 'month' :)

• Debra Cox
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140693 by Debra Cox
Replied by Debra Cox on topic PIP assessment
Hi just to update we received the result of our assessment today,and my husband has been awarded zero points in all criteria..Baffled has to how they cane to this decision with his history and evidence etc .Apparently because he has not been under the home care team for just over a year he is classed as stable. Also informed that tomorrows payment has been recalled to take off the 4 days since the decision was made,and will take 2/3 weeks to update.My husband is extremely lucky to have a loving supportive family,my heart goes out to all the people out there who are struggling through this process alone,especially those with severe mental Health conditions, who it seems are still treated as second class citizens.We will not be carrying on with the appeal process as the stress is more than my husband can cope with.Sorry to go on but just wanted to feedback that BI-POLAR apparently is not worthy of PIP.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.