× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Query

• apricot
8 years 10 months ago #138217 by apricot
Replied by apricot on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration...evidence
Aah, I only thought of the dictionary definition - what else could "as often as you need to" etc mean?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #138219 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration...evidence

apricot wrote: Aah, I only thought of the dictionary definition - what else could "as often as you need to" etc mean?

I am afraid this is another phrase that PIP makes use of and ESA does not specifically use.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Torsie
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #138482 by Torsie
Replied by Torsie on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration...evidence
Thank you for the info. Yes, she was reassessed for DLA when she was 16 and was awarded middle rate care and low rate mobility. Have requested the medical assessment report but have not received it yet so will send off everything else anyway otherwise I will run out of time.

More
8 years 10 months ago #138496 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration...evidence

Torsie wrote: Thank you for the info. Yes, she was reassessed for DLA when she was 16 and was awarded middle rate care and low rate mobility. Have requested the medical assessment report but have not received it yet so will send off everything else anyway otherwise I will run out of time.

A lot of our members have reported difficulty in getting an award of PIP Mobility purely for mental health issues due to the DWP guidance suggesting that prompting is the same as the support that someone might need when going out, have a look at the PIP Claim guide for details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Torsie
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #139398 by Torsie
Replied by Torsie on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Query
How long should I expect to wait for the MR decision? Also do the dwp ring from a withheld number?

More
8 years 9 months ago #139408 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Query

Torsie wrote: How long should I expect to wait for the MR decision? Also do the dwp ring from a withheld number?

I've moved your post so that it is with your others!!!

MRs can take anywhere from a few days to 5-6 weeks and in some extreme cases even longer.

DWP numbers may be withheld it really depends on who is ringing. You are unlikely to be called as part of the MR process.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Torsie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.