× Members

PIP tribunal award

More
8 years 8 months ago #139452 by Searcher
PIP tribunal award was created by Searcher
Was awarded PIP standard on Tuesday! Represented myself. Have reservations now about your guidance Ian's the length of time to 2nd tier tribunal. I was in court alone but found the judiciary very sympathetic & helpful. Judge stopped Disability Officer from referring to my original submission in Feb 2014 and focused on HCP visit of Feb 2015. The DWP report did not record that I was wearing 'tight jeans and lace up trainers'. There is much for you to learn about the outgoing ATOS reports and that many of the courts are fed up with their findings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139455 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP tribunal award

Searcher wrote: Was awarded PIP standard on Tuesday! Represented myself. Have reservations now about your guidance Ian's the length of time to 2nd tier tribunal. I was in court alone but found the judiciary very sympathetic & helpful. Judge stopped Disability Officer from referring to my original submission in Feb 2014 and focused on HCP visit of Feb 2015. The DWP report did not record that I was wearing 'tight jeans and lace up trainers'. There is much for you to learn about the outgoing ATOS reports and that many of the courts are fed up with their findings.

Hi S,

I really cannot fathom out the context and meaning of your comments !!

However, as it seems that your PIP Appeal was successful, congratulations !!!

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139966 by Searcher
Replied by Searcher on topic PIP tribunal award
:woohoo: I'm in a flux. Just contacted DWP, who informers me that my PIP payment would not be started until the DWP 28 day right of appeal has passed. I was assured that it was unlikely that there would objections! Has this happened to anyone else? I couldn't find reference to it in the guide and I feel it's just another prevaricating ploy by the DWP.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139970 by bro58

Searcher wrote: :woohoo: I'm in a flux. Just contacted DWP, who informers me that my PIP payment would not be started until the DWP 28 day right of appeal has passed. I was assured that it was unlikely that there would objections! Has this happened to anyone else? I couldn't find reference to it in the guide and I feel it's just another prevaricating ploy by the DWP.

Hi S,

It would be the norm for DWP to take 6-8 Weeks to action a Tribunal Decision, and the more backpay owed, the longer that it may take.

Yes, we have heard from other members who have been told similar.

The DWP do have 28 days to appeal a Tribunal Decision just as the Appellant (You) has if they receive an adverse decision.

However, a Tribunal decision cannot be appealed by either party just because they do not agree with the decision, it must be shown that an Error of Law has taken place in The Tribunal coming to their decision.

I wouldn't worry too much about this !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139981 by Searcher
Replied by Searcher on topic PIP tribunal award
Thanks, I've been awarded back 04/2014,

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139983 by bro58

Searcher wrote: Thanks, I've been awarded back 04/2014,

Hi S,

Quite a lot of back pay involved then !!

Large sums of back pay have to be audited and checked by a Manager before being authorised.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.