× Members

Do you need a GP's note to start ESA application?

• Catherine Constantinou
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #139816 by Catherine Constantinou
Replied by Catherine Constantinou on topic Do you need a GP's note to start ESA application?

Gordon wrote:

cc120 wrote: Thank you Gordon, is there any facility on this forum whereby I can activate notifications of reply?
Is it possible for a psychiatrist from a Community Mental Health Assessment center to provide a fit note?

It doesn't matter who issues the Fit Note providing of course that they can legally do so, the potential issue will be when you need a follow on Note as you may struggle to get another Health Care Professional to issue one, if the original person is unavailable to do so.

Gordon

Can a psychiatrist from a Community Mental Health Assessment center legally provide a fit note?
I take your point about the problem trying to get a continuing fit note from a professional that is no long available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139820 by Gordon

cc120 wrote: Can a psychiatrist from a Community Mental Health Assessment center legally provide a fit note?
I take your point about the problem trying to get a continuing fit note from a professional that is no long available.

A Fit Note can only be issued by a registered medical practitioner, you will have to ask your psychiatrist whether they meet this requirement or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Catherine Constantinou
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #139887 by Catherine Constantinou
Replied by Catherine Constantinou on topic Do you need a GP's note to start ESA application?

Gordon wrote:

cc120 wrote: Thank you Gordon, is there any facility on this forum whereby I can activate notifications of reply?
Is it possible for a psychiatrist from a Community Mental Health Assessment center to provide a fit note?

It doesn't matter who issues the Fit Note providing of course that they can legally do so, the potential issue will be when you need a follow on Note as you may struggle to get another Health Care Professional to issue one, if the original person is unavailable to do so.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon, can you confirm that a psychiatrist from a Community Mental Health Assessment center can legally provide a fit note, please?

More
8 years 8 months ago #139896 by Gordon

cc120 wrote: [Thank you Gordon, can you confirm that a psychiatrist from a Community Mental Health Assessment center can legally provide a fit note, please?

I can only repeat what I said in my last post!!!

If your psychiatrist is a registered medical practitioner then they can, whether they will, is another matter.

If they are not a registered medical practitioner then then can't.

You need to ask the person concerned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.