× Members

ESA Vist from DWP

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139575 by Nicky
ESA Vist from DWP was created by Nicky
Hi, my daughter is in receipt of ESA and has recently been put in support group.

She has been notified that she has a visit from DWP to our home. Has anyone else had this experience?

The letter requires a lot of information reference her identity, doctor, income etc and states they are coming to see if she needs further support.

Why are they coming? Is this a medical? Do we need to be alarmed by this visit?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Nicky :S
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139582 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Vist from DWP
Hi Nicky and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link will help you find your way around.

It is not unusual for DWP to visit in this way. It will not be a medical examination but it does sound as if they want to look at your daughter's income.

A few members have had this kind of visit, they might be able to tell you a little more and reassure you.

Edit - Sorry, I omitted to add the link! :blush:

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139585 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Vist from DWP
Hi N,

This sounds like a Compliance Visit or similar !

Many of our members in The SG of ESA have taken part in these, the likely hood is that you have been picked at random.

If you provide them with the information required all should be O.K.

You can have someone else present if you wish.

Here is a list of posts that came up when I put "Compliance" into the site's search engine :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=sea...ldforums=1&catids=10

Try not to worry !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #139666 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic ESA Vist from DWP
:woohoo:

Hi all

As a matter of interest on this topic and I would have thought as a basic human right to privacy……………..are we within our rights to refuse home visits would anyone know?

For no other reason than basic privacy………….nothing to hide but hey, aren’t our homes our sanctuary’s?

Anyone else find this prospect quite obscene? Is there anything these people can’t do?

GGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

P.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139670 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Vist from DWP

petrocelli wrote: :woohoo:

Hi all

As a matter of interest on this topic and I would have thought as a basic human right to privacy……………..are we within our rights to refuse home visits would anyone know?

For no other reason than basic privacy………….nothing to hide but hey, aren’t our homes our sanctuary’s?

Anyone else find this prospect quite obscene? Is there anything these people can’t do?

GGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

P.

Hi p,

It should be possible to re-arrange any Home Interview so that it takes place in DWP offices if so desired.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.