× Members

Is there any

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139607 by lew247
Is there any was created by lew247
I will have to claim PIP at some stage in the next 3 years, yes I know there is no hurry but they could ask me to go from DLA to PIP anytime really,
What I want to know is this
Is there any form similar to the one that will be sent to my doctor to ask what is wrong with me?
I am fairly certain that half my problems aren't documented at my doctors, or id they are its from a long time ago and will not be on the 1st computer screen when they look at my file

I want to send the doctor a form to ask him to list what the PIP form would ask so I can see what he will say.

I know I'll have to pay him for this but I'd rather know in advance and that way I can remind him about some of the stuff they have forgotten or not known about after being sent to hospital several times.

Basically I need a medical report form that asks similar if not the same questions the PIP people would ask

Any suggestions please?

Lewis
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139611 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Is there any
Hi Lewis,

Welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There is no guarantee that the DWP will ask your doctor for input. They only actually contact GPs in about 25% of cases. Even when they do, the form they send is very brief and not many GPs complete and return them. For this reason, we suggest that claimants should obtain their own evidence rather than relying on DWP to obtain it.

You could send your GP a copy of the PIP descriptors, with the points removed, and ask your GP to write a report based on these. Be careful not to put words into his/her mouth as this could go against you if DWP request a copy of any letter you send to your GP. You can find the descriptors in our PIP guide.

PIP help for claimants

If you have any further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.