× Members

Not claimed DLA or PIP before.

• nosnibro
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139663 by nosnibro
Not claimed DLA or PIP before. was created by nosnibro
I live alone and recently my problems have gotten worse. I have long history of back problems and have 4 contused discs, ,arthritis. distorted pelvis, rotated dropped and tilted. The tilt is causing my back to spasm out of control that puts me on the floor 3 times a week. Its Brought on by standing or walking more than 20m even with a stick. Ive had 6 spasms in one day where my total back muscles is in cramp , waist to neck
Its getting worse I have to crawl to the bathroom every morning as I cant stand up. it takes me till lunchtime to get mobile on a good day. Im afraid i ll fall again onto the cooker or have another accident with a boiling kettle, I got scalded once.

Do I realistically have any chance getting standard rate PIP in both aspects.??? Im so worried now especially as its getting worse and I depend on help from my 84 yr old Mother who drives across town nearly every day to cook and clean.
Im on ESA support group from Last November

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139674 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Not claimed DLA or PIP before.
nosnibro

You would appear to have a good claim for the Mobility component, I'm afraid you have not posted sufficient information for me to make any comment on the Daily Living part!

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide for details of the criteria that you will be assessed against.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.