× Members

Consultant request declined

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139837 by Royalty
Consultant request declined was created by Royalty
Hi everyone.
So I'm going to be requesting an MR for my PIP.
The letters I included in my Pip application confirming my diagnosis from my consultants were just follow up letters they usually send to me after consultations. They didn't contain info of how my condition affects my day to day living.

So I wasn't awarded mobility and I believe this is partly due to lack of strong evidence from my consultant. I've recently informed my consultant about dwp's decision & my intention of requesting a MR-in which I asked for him to to provide me with a letter which details the effects of my condition in the context of my personal symptoms.
He has refused, stating that if there's anything dwp want to know about his patients they usually send him a form to fill out, so I should request for dwp to send him a form.

Can you please advise me if this is the appropriate action I should follow. Has anyone else experienced this?
Please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139841 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Consultant request declined

Royalty wrote: Hi everyone.
So I'm going to be requesting an MR for my PIP.
The letters I included in my Pip application confirming my diagnosis from my consultants were just follow up letters they usually send to me after consultations. They didn't contain info of how my condition affects my day to day living.

So I wasn't awarded mobility and I believe this is partly due to lack of strong evidence from my consultant. I've recently informed my consultant about dwp's decision & my intention of requesting a MR-in which I asked for him to to provide me with a letter which details the effects of my condition in the context of my personal symptoms.
He has refused, stating that if there's anything dwp want to know about his patients they usually send him a form to fill out, so I should request for dwp to send him a form.

Can you please advise me if this is the appropriate action I should follow. Has anyone else experienced this?
Please advise

Having made a Decision the DWP will not seek any further information in regard your claim, it is possible that a Tribunal might, but this is very unlikely and it is more likely that they will request your medical records than a specific letter from your consultant.

You need to ask yourself whether their response is the result of genuine misunderstanding of how the system actually operates or it is simply a convenient excuse so that they don't have to admit that they are not going to hep you.

You can try asking again, explaining the reality of the situation, but the bottom line is that they are under no obligation to provide you with a letter or report.

As an alternative you can request your medical records. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139892 by Royalty
Replied by Royalty on topic Consultant request declined
Thank you Gordan. That was very helpful. Obviously it is going to take much longer to obtain any supporting evidence by the MR submission date. So I'm sending the evidence separately.
How long will DWP give me to send any evidence before looking at my application again upon receiving my MR?
Also, are they required to only look at my MR when they have the evidence (should I provide it) or can they look at application before receiving the evidence?

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139900 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Consultant request declined

Royalty wrote: Thank you Gordan. That was very helpful. Obviously it is going to take much longer to obtain any supporting evidence by the MR submission date. So I'm sending the evidence separately.
How long will DWP give me to send any evidence before looking at my application again upon receiving my MR?
Also, are they required to only look at my MR when they have the evidence (should I provide it) or can they look at application before receiving the evidence?

Thanks

Hi R,

The average turn around for an MR is around 4 weeks.

However, we have heard from members where their MR requests have been carried out very quickly before they have had time to present any extra fresh evidence.

If you are to submit your MR request, and then try and present fresh evidence later, I would make this perfectly clear in your initial MR request.

Whether DWP will wait to receive this evidence is a different matter.

If not, and your MR is unsuccessful, you can obviously present it in your Appeal Submission to The Tribunal Service. (TS)

They seem to be knocking MR's out at a pace now, and we are only seeing around a 10% success rate.

Unfortunately, the system is such that you have to go through the MR process before you can move forward with an appeal to The TS !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.