× Members

ESA Support Group after medical

• rex1962
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139859 by rex1962
ESA Support Group after medical was created by rex1962
Hi there,
I have just been transferred from the ESA assesment phase and put into the Support Group, thanks to This site worth every penny.
I have just received the letter today, it has no end date on it, I notice some people mention 2,3 or 5 years, would there be a reason for thAT?

I also receive PIP higher rate care and Higher rate mobility.

I was wondering is there a severe disibility element and an enhanced disibility rate I should have been awarded, do you Know?

Once again thanks for your help!!!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139865 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Support Group after medical
Hi Rex,

That is great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

The length of the award does not form part of the decision, DWP do not routinely notify the claimant of when to expect reassessment. You can find out by contacting DWP and asking for the 'prognosis'.

You might be entitled to ESA premiums but only if you are in receipt of income-related ESA, in total or as a 'top up'.

ESA Premiums

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• rex1962
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139884 by rex1962
Replied by rex1962 on topic ESA Support Group after medical
Hi,
No i am on contributions based ESA, and I rang up and they will contact me in 2 years to find out if i am still the same, if so it will continue he said.
Who do you call to ask for a copy of the face to face assesment?

So all sorted, thanks once again

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139890 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Support Group after medical

rex1962 wrote: Hi,
No i am on contributions based ESA, and I rang up and they will contact me in 2 years to find out if i am still the same, if so it will continue he said.
Who do you call to ask for a copy of the face to face assesment?

So all sorted, thanks once again

Hi r1962,

Congratulations on The SG award with a 2 year prognosis !! :cheer:

Just to be clear regarding entitlement to payment of IR ESA.

You can receive IR ESA top-ups paid in addition to your CB ESA payments,so the only way to be sure is to request an ESA 3 financial assessment form from The DWP.

Sample ESA 3 Form

This will be used to capture all your personal and financial details to see whether you can pass the IR ESA means test with respect to capital, assets savings, household income and any hours worked by a partner if you have one :

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you can pass the IR ESA entitlement test, and your current household income, (including your CB ESA payments) falls below the minimum amount that the government state that you need to live on, you may be entitled to IR ESA top-ups.

With regards to you requesting your ESA documentation, have a read through : This Post.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.