× Members

PIP Questions

More
8 years 8 months ago #139868 by JediCP
PIP Questions was created by JediCP
Bit of a general question here, it might not make any sense!

So for a while we have had the PIP system, which until recently was open for new claims only.

From all the activity on here and from the media, what are the chances with someone with Cerebral Palsy qualifying for the Enhanced Mobility?

Taking in to account that, I am able to walk but not very far, I do fall over and trip regularly, I'm in constant pain, and while I may be able to walk somewhere I may not be able to get back. According to the Neurologist, I have a really bad gait and 'scissor walk' and I'm not able to regulate the foot steps steadily. On top of that fatigue sets in quickly, and I need to sit down a lot to rest.

Sometimes during the I can't walk at all until the pain/fatigue dies down

None of my every day problems start after 20 meters, they start and could happen at any point within 20 meters.

Some times I need to use a wheelchair which is provided by the NHS.

I'm not looking for a clear answer but what's your opinion given the above info?

I'd like to think that my issues on personal safety mean I'd have a case?

- All supported by GP/Physio/Nuero.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139870 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Questions

JediCP wrote: Bit of a general question here, it might not make any sense!

So for a while we have had the PIP system, which until recently was open for new claims only.

From all the activity on here and from the media, what are the chances with someone with Cerebral Palsy qualifying for the Enhanced Mobility?

Taking in to account that, I am able to walk but not very far, I do fall over and trip regularly, I'm in constant pain, and while I may be able to walk somewhere I may not be able to get back. According to the Neurologist, I have a really bad gait and 'scissor walk' and I'm not able to regulate the foot steps steadily. On top of that fatigue sets in quickly, and I need to sit down a lot to rest.

Sometimes during the I can't walk at all until the pain/fatigue dies down

None of my every day problems start after 20 meters, they start and could happen at any point within 20 meters.

Some times I need to use a wheelchair which is provided by the NHS.

I'm not looking for a clear answer but what's your opinion given the above info?

I'd like to think that my issues on personal safety mean I'd have a case?

- All supported by GP/Physio/Nuero.

Hi JCP,

You state that your question is "general" but it's not ?

"From all the activity on here and from the media, what are the chances with someone with Cerebral Palsy qualifying for the Enhanced Mobility?"

Impossible to give a definitive answer, as it is not the medical conditions that may or may not give you a PIP Award, it is the resulting limitations, e. g. the title of the PIP 2 Form is "How your Disabilities Affect You"

Two different claimants could have exactly the same medical conditions but suffer totally different levels of disability or limitations.

From the way that you have described your resulting limitations/disabilities, it looks like you may potentially qualify for PIP Award/s.

A good starting point would be to take our : PIP Self Test, then read through our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

You could then come back to us with any queries that you have and we will try our best to help.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.