× Members

Completing PIP form - writing outside boxes?

• PeeDeeGee
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139914 by PeeDeeGee
Hi All,
This may seem a very minor point but I'd appreciate any advice.
On some questions, I find there is not enough room to provide a complete answer in the box provided.
In many places, the PIP form states "If you need to add more please continue at Q15 Additional Information". And I will be doing that for a number of questions. But for some questions I could provide a full response by simply adding a line or two beneath the relevant box.
Is it advisable to complete the answer with a line or two outisde the box? On the one hand, it would seem to make the answer easier to understand and assess (no need to flick forward to find the additional text in Q15). On the other hand, I don't want to cause any negative reaction by failing to follow the instructions.
What do you recommend?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139916 by bro58

PeeDeeGee wrote: Hi All,
This may seem a very minor point but I'd appreciate any advice.
On some questions, I find there is not enough room to provide a complete answer in the box provided.
In many places, the PIP form states "If you need to add more please continue at Q15 Additional Information". And I will be doing that for a number of questions. But for some questions I could provide a full response by simply adding a line or two beneath the relevant box.
Is it advisable to complete the answer with a line or two outisde the box? On the one hand, it would seem to make the answer easier to understand and assess (no need to flick forward to find the additional text in Q15). On the other hand, I don't want to cause any negative reaction by failing to follow the instructions.
What do you recommend?

Hi PDG,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If you cannot provide all your information for a particular question within the limits of the text box provided, there is nothing to stop you finishing your information on typed extra A4 Pages.

You can either simply write in the text box see my response to this question at added A4 page number x of x, or you can start writing your answer in the text box then write, continued at added A4 page number x of x.

Ensure that you put your name, DOB, and National Insurance Number at the top of any added pages, it is also best to number each added page 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc.

Attach any added pages as best you can, and keep a copy of the form and any added pages :

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

bro58

• PeeDeeGee
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139926 by PeeDeeGee
Replied by PeeDeeGee on topic Completing PIP form - writing outside boxes?
Hi Bro58,
From your reply, I guess we should avoid writing outside the boxes.Thanks for the detailed advice on referencing extra sheets - I'll be sure to do that.

Many thanks
PDG

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139931 by bro58

PeeDeeGee wrote: Hi Bro58,
From your reply, I guess we should avoid writing outside the boxes.Thanks for the detailed advice on referencing extra sheets - I'll be sure to do that.

Many thanks
PDG

Hi PDG,

Yes, you should keep your PIP 2 Form as clear, legible and easy to understand as possible !!

Remember, you are "telling a factual story" of "How your Disabilities Affect You" to someone who does not know you and has no prior insight of how you are affected ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.