× Members

PIP following ESA

More
8 years 8 months ago #139928 by TheHud
PIP following ESA was created by TheHud
Hi

I heard via the phone that I had been placed in the support group for ESA following a medical on the 17th August. I have applied for PIP and in doing so the chap I talked to said if I had not received any information in 3 weeks to say I had been awarded PIP or to ask me to complete a form I was to ring a number he gave me to arrange a medical assessment.

Questions
Are people being assessed for PIP based on their ESA application?
Why would I need to go for a medical if I have not completed an application form?

Maybe others will be getting a similar set og phone call directions or maybe (hoping) a learned moderator will know :)

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP following ESA

Elisabeth wrote: Hi

I heard via the phone that I had been placed in the support group for ESA following a medical on the 17th August. I have applied for PIP and in doing so the chap I talked to said if I had not received any information in 3 weeks to say I had been awarded PIP or to ask me to complete a form I was to ring a number he gave me to arrange a medical assessment.

Questions
Are people being assessed for PIP based on their ESA application?
Why would I need to go for a medical if I have not completed an application form?

Maybe others will be getting a similar set og phone call directions or maybe (hoping) a learned moderator will know :)

Many thanks

Although there areas of overlap between ESA and PIP the award criteria are on the whole quite different and I do not see any way that a PIP award could be made or denied purely on the information available from an ESA assessment.

The next stage In the process is for you to receive a PIP2 form to explain how your disabilities effect you, have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information on the process and the criteria that you will be assessed against.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheHud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.