× Members

Partial PIP payment

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140006 by Teddington
Partial PIP payment was created by Teddington
I had my PIP renewal last month and my award have not been changed.
Last month I had my 4 weekly payment as usual.
I was due to have my 4 weekly payment today. I had a quick look at my bank account and found out that I received 4 PIP payments separately since last week.
So, they sent me 2 weeks payment then 3 more seperate (weekly ) payments . Last weekly amount been paid today. I am very confused. Is this a normal procedure? I don't want to end up with overpayment. I will call them next week but I thought you might have an idea why I got these seperate payments.
Thank you very much.

Ted.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140007 by
Replied by on topic Partial PIP payment

Teddington wrote: I had my PIP renewal last month and my award have not been changed.
Last month I had my 4 weekly payment as usual.
I was due to have my 4 weekly payment today. I had a quick look at my bank account and found out that I received 4 PIP payments separately since last week.
So, they sent me 2 weeks payment then 3 more seperate (weekly ) payments . Last weekly amount been paid today. I am very confused. Is this a normal procedure? I don't want to end up with overpayment. I will call them next week but I thought you might have an idea why I got these seperate payments.
Thank you very much.

Ted.

Hi T,

I really don't know !!

My best advice would be to contact PIP as it appears that you are going to next week, and keep any payments that you feel may be an overpayment to one side until things are clearer.

Please keep us updated !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

More
8 years 7 months ago #140281 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic Partial PIP payment
Hi,

Just an update ;
I contacted to DWP and questioned about these payments. I have been getting payments for last 2 Fridays. I used to get 4 weekly payments until my review done recently.
So I rang DWP. Nice lady answered the phone and I explained her the situation. She didn't even take my details and answered my query.
She said that probably someone has changed my payment frequency to the weekly. When i asked about if this would cause any overpayments or problems ; she said no. She then asked me if this was ok for me or not? She said, they could change it back to four weekly again if I want to. She confirmed there wont be any problem etc. receiving the money on weekly basis as some claimants specially ask for it. I told her to keep it as it is because I didn't want to cause any further problems. I don't mind to receive it weekly.

Ted.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140295 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Partial PIP payment
Teddington

I'm really surprised that this is the reason, I seem to remember reading that PIP would not be paid weekly under any circumstances, but that was several years ago :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140316 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic Partial PIP payment
Hi Gordon,

I was very surprised to hear that. I was actually expecting to hear some sort of error on their system .
But she did ask if I wished to receive my payments four weekly. I didn't want to have any further problems so I just left it as it is.

Ted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.