× Members

P I P tribunal

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140097 by sharonselliennell
P I P tribunal was created by sharonselliennell
Been to my tribunal today, I got standard rate on both daily and mobility. They said I could start a new claim because they said they can only go on the original date applied, I am now worse and got diagnosis of why I am in so much pain, can you help with info how to go about this. thanks so much for your help so far.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140098 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P I P tribunal

sharon wrote: Been to my tribunal today, I got standard rate on both daily and mobility. They said I could start a new claim because they said they can only go on the original date applied, I am now worse and got diagnosis of why I am in so much pain, can you help with info how to go about this. thanks so much for your help so far.

Hi s,

I have looked back at your previous topics : Here and Here and I am still not sure what PIP decision you were appealing ?

Looking back, we did inform you that a Tribunal could only "re-look" at how you were at the time of the original PIP decision that you appealed, and could not take into account any change/deterioration in your condition since that time.

If you have received a positive decision today, and have received Standard PIP Awards, why would you want to make a fresh claim ?

If you received Standard awards today but feel that you should now qualify for Enhanced Awards due to a change/deterioration in your condition since the time of the original PIP decision, you would not have to make a fresh claim.

You would simply have to report a Change of Circumstances (C of C) to PIP in the form of a letter, which would result in a review of your Standard PIP Awards.

You should be aware that if you do this, you would have to go through a whole new assessment process from scratch which could result in you losing the Standard Awards that you now have.

If you have not been awarded PIP at all, you can make a fresh claim as soon as you wish to.

You will have to excuse me, but I am rather confused, and don't know whether to congratulate you on today's result or not !! :)

If you can clarify things by responding to this post we may be able to help further.

We are going off-line now until 2PM tomorrow, but you can still post a reply.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.