× Members

Carers Allowance

More
8 years 8 months ago #140102 by weasley
Carers Allowance was created by weasley
I receive PIP at the high rate both care and mobility. I have had a full time carer for the past 3 years, he will receive his works pension in December, will he lose care allowance and consequently I lose my carer? A further point please if your carer was pre- state pension age on application, then eventually receives a state pension whilst still your carer do they automatically lose care allowance? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance

Catfishman wrote: I receive PIP at the high rate both care and mobility. I have had a full time carer for the past 3 years, he will receive his works pension in December, will he lose care allowance and consequently I lose my carer? A further point please if your carer was pre- state pension age on application, then eventually receives a state pension whilst still your carer do they automatically lose care allowance? Thank you.

Carer's Allowance should not be effected by a personal or occupational pension.

The State Pension and CA are classed as overlapping benefits so someone who has reached State Retirement Age (SRA) will no longer receive CA payments, however, they continue to have an underlying entitlement, providing they still provide the care and would receive the Carers Premium if entitled to Pension Credit.

If does not matter if you were receiving CA before reaching SRA or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weasley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.