× Members

Unsure of next WCA date

More
8 years 8 months ago #140131 by Dole
Unsure of next WCA date was created by Dole
I was placed in SG in Nov 2013 and was told via CAB I had 2 yr grace. I have rung DWP and they say 3yr (2016) BUT THEY WONT SEND ME A LETTER TO COFIRM
THIS! (the person said "3yr is very unusual"
I am now panicking i might miss my nxt ESA50/WCA if it really is this year
How do I get DWP to officially confirm the likely time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140133 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unsure of next WCA date

Elod wrote: I was placed in SG in Nov 2013 and was told via CAB I had 2 yr grace. I have rung DWP and they say 3yr (2016) BUT THEY WONT SEND ME A LETTER TO COFIRM
THIS! (the person said "3yr is very unusual"
I am now panicking i might miss my nxt ESA50/WCA if it really is this year
How do I get DWP to officially confirm the likely time?

ESA is an indefinite award with frequent re-assessment, as such the re-assessment date is not part of the award and you will not receive a letter stating when you will be re-assessed.

Three years is not an unusual period between assessments for a member of the Support Group.

If you are still concerned about when you will be next assessed then you can try ring the ESA Helpline again, but I suspect you won't get a better answer than you already have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dole

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140134 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Unsure of next WCA date
Hi E,

As Gordon states, I doubt that you will get anything "written in stone" (or on paper :) ) regarding your next reassessment date.

See : This Topic and the links to the other topics therein.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris