× Members

PIP change in circumstance anyone else reapplied?

More
8 years 8 months ago #140141 by louisagolding
Hi all, I have recently had to reapply for PIP as I have developed severe back problems in the last 6 months. I have had to quit my job and now rely on a walking stick to get around. I am also waiting to see the wheelchair clinic as I can't walk very far. When I rang up to report this change they said I had to reapply and there was a possibility I could even lose my award, which has scared me. Has anyone else reported a change and reapplied? And how did it go? I sent my new forms back a month ago, still waiting to hear from capita, to see if I need another face to face or not. Its really not helping my anxiety and depression going through this again...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140148 by Gordon
LG

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Reporting a Change of Circumstances will result in a new Decision on your claim being made, whilst the new Decision should be based on the evidence presented it can be any award that the Decision Maker believes is justified, in addition to an increased award this could be the same award, a lower award, or no award at all.

There have been changes to the DWP guidance, but not the legal definitions of the Descriptors in the last year, which may have an effect on Mobility awards primarily based on the Going Out descriptor, the PIP Claim guide explains these in more detail.

Feedback from the forum for CofC's is variable so I can't offer any real comfort as to what might happen, as long as you have completed the re-assessment form in detail and not just in relation to the change then you have done the best that you can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: louisagolding

More
8 years 7 months ago #140225 by louisagolding
Replied by louisagolding on topic PIP change in circumstance anyone else reapplied?
Thanks Gordon!

More
8 years 7 months ago #140229 by Alfie's Mummy
Replied by Alfie's Mummy on topic PIP change in circumstance anyone else reapplied?
We had to reapply because my husband's health deteriorated. This was back at the beginning of June, he had his assessment at the end of June but we are still awaiting the report from capita. Have complained to Capita and they are supposed to be chasing it up. Hope it gets sorted soon and you get sorted quickly.

• Clelld69
8 years 7 months ago #140230 by Clelld69
I was told the same thing as what the moderator said. I've been having sever breathing issues for over a year now and I've a hospital test in two weeks. My doctor thinks it could be copd. I said this to the welfare officer and said should I advise the dwp of this for reassessment if pip. They said again, they can look at the full claim. They added best wait until my pip was due for renewal which won't be until dec 17. Dwp have you by the short and curlies despite saying they help the disabled.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140254 by Mags
I applied last year June 2014, for a C of C from DLA to PIP, was on low rate both, in March this year had a f2f and a couple of weeks later was awarded standard care and enhanced mobility.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.