× Members

advice on atos report inconsistency?

More
8 years 8 months ago #139636 by norman21
reconsideration advice please was created by norman21
Hi

just after some advice - my gp is willing to support me in my reconsideration and is writing me a letter as they are not happy with the outcome either - so hopefully this will help but i have a question regarding on particular descriptor if ok

having got their copy of the report they did - they said i have no problems mixing with other - seemly purely from the fact i got to the assessment and answered their questions - even though they admit i was tearful and jumpy and hardly made eye contact

i have already given them evidence of my severe depression and anxiety and my gp is going to reiterate this as well as my other conditions etc - but how do i counter the fact i actually went to the assessment ?

obviously i was completely freaked out by going but if i didn't go i would have no chance of getting pip - i had my partner with me which helped - seems like a no win situation ?
i have evidence of being under a psychiatrist in the past and that am having current help with a mental health team and that my essential medications cause mental health side effects which i have sent - but will resend again

any advice would be very much appreciated as i dont think i would be able to face the stress of actually having to attend a tribunal so feel this reconsideration is my one chance left so want to try and get it right thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139642 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic reconsideration advice please
Norman

Your post already goes some way to explaining how you did it; freaked out, with partner, risk of losing benefit. :)

Remember, activities must be done reliably and for the majority of days for you not to score points. Reliably means

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

Also, from other members comments on this subject;

How did you get to the appointment, car versus public transport? If car could you have even used Public Transport?

How did you view the assessor, socially versus authority figure?

How did you prepare for the meeting; for example medication? Did you sleep well they day(s) before? Did you obsess about the meeting?

What happened after the assessment?

When did you last go out and meet people? How often do you do this?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: norman21

More
8 years 8 months ago #139644 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic reconsideration advice please
Hi Gordon

thanks - yes that helps - no i didn't sleep for days before and i your comments will help me to answer how i did get there and how i felt and reacted and the fact i had no choice so i will put this in the letter with all the other evidence and fingers crossed

its just so difficult that turning up even though we have no choice means we are then doomed to fail !

More
8 years 8 months ago #140223 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic advice on atos report inconsistency?
Hi
Just reading my Atos report for pip
A few questions if ok

I got zero points for engaging with other people despite history of severe depression and anxiety amongst other chronic illnesses and letters of support from doctors and consultant'sin this area and them admitting I cried and made no eye contact and was jumpy , they said my mental state evualation is good
I am appealing decision - however I have just noticed they have said I have additional support needs due to my mental health state and would not be able to have a further assessment without support? surely this must help my case?

Any advice on this other than just pointing it out? Have other people had this as well and found it helped eventually, just feel like giving up at this point as seems so impossible to get anywhere, 20 pieces of medical evidence ignored so far

Also one page from my report is missing, any advice there ?

Many thanks for any help its just so stressful and difficult

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140246 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic reconsideration advice please
Norman

I've merged your posts so we both see what has been advised before!

Even though you have now appealed the Decision your primary goal remains the same, to show that you meet the criteria for an award.

The comment from the assessment report may be important but it appears to lack context, for it to be of use you must be able to relate it to one of the PIP Descriptors.

I know this process may seem daunting, but the Tribunal panel will be looking at everything afresh and I would expect the doctor on the panel to have a far better appreciation of the problems that you have than the assessor may have had.

If you got the report from the TS then you should contact them about the missing page, if it was the DWP then you can contact them, but you might want to wait until you see their submission in regard your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.