× Members

Tribunal

• Liz62
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140226 by Liz62
Tribunal was created by Liz62
I awaiting a date for PIP Tribunal. I have contacted CAB and signed a consent form for them to represent me. I think I have to wait until I have date before I speak to them again.

Do I in the meantime get a more comprehensive report from my GP stating all my medical conditions and current treatments. The one the DWP got from GP only had one of my conditions and even then the doctor stated I was awaiting a consult with surgeon at hospital and could not comment fully on it.

I have now seen the surgeon and had a CT scan done and have to wait for the results. Which will show whether there is problems with the mesh from previous surgery or whether I have another abdominal hernia. Either of these means a complicated surgery. This will go to show why I cannot walk to far...less than 200 yards without stopping to rest. At the moment I am lucky to walk 50 yards without extreme pain and fatigue. This also goes to show that I cannot manage to carry pots and pans in Kitchen. Or carry shopping.

I mentioned to surgeon about needing a report for Tribunal,,, I should be able to get one when a diagnosis has been made. Should I or can I ask for copy of CT report ?

Also waiting on appointment for my vertigo at ENT... my PIP assessment seems to have been based on my vertigo (which the assessor had no knowledge off. Assumed I should be dizzy all the time) I did fully explain my type of vertigo to the HP. Now I have finally got a copy of the report, I can see that I was not been listen to with regards to day to my day life.

Question is can I submit reports from GP, surgeon and from ENT consult ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140238 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal
Liz

If the CAB are representing you the you should raise the question of a new GP report with them first.

It would do no harm in the interim to find out whether your GP is prepared to provide a more complete report.

You can submit further reports in regard the appeal, but it must be clear that they apply to the time that the Decision is made or they will be disregarded, they don't have to be dated as such but the Tribunal needs to be reasonably convinced that they apply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Liz62
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140242 by Liz62
Replied by Liz62 on topic Tribunal
thank you. I am sure that as my GP put in report that the DWP requested that my surgeon's report is a relevant to my case. Also the HP said I already had treatment for my vertigo by my doctor called the Epley Manouvre which I told the HP was to be done at hospital at ENT. she wrote I had already had it so I think ENT report will also be acceptable.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.