× Members

Overpayment of ESA (and it's the DWP's fault)

More
8 years 7 months ago #140314 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic Overpayment of ESA (and it's the DWP's fault)
Hello there,

A very similar thing happened to me. The figure involved was in excess of £6000 and I was contacted by the DWP regarding the overpayment as a result of being in receipt of an occupational pension. I sent them a copy of the letter I had written to them advising them i was going to receive the pension in October 2007, but I no longer had the certificate of posting to prove that I had sent the letter. The letter was stored on an old computer which I had to get going again to get a copy and I could prove when the letter was created but it still wasn't enough. I appealed and it was turned down. At that point I gave up and they are taking repayments from my ESA at the the rate of £36.05 per week. The rate at which they take the repayment depends on your overall income and savings. I wish you luck in taking them on.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.