× Members

Score of 11 by capita and refused by dwp

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140243 by Gazzauk4
Hi, just wondered how I scored 11 points by the capita assessor and refused with a downgraded score of 6 by the decision maker. Now going to tribunal. Any help or advise would be brill , nearly at my wits end. This is on the daily living. Has this been done before? Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140249 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Score of 11 by capita and refused by dwp

Gazzauk4 wrote: Hi, just wondered how I scored 11 points by the capita assessor and refused with a downgraded score of 6 by the decision maker. Now going to tribunal. Any help or advise would be brill , nearly at my wits end. This is on the daily living. Has this been done before? Thanks

Hi Guk4,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum ! :)

The PIP Assessor only makes recommendations regarding the amount of points that you should be awarded within The PA4 PIP Medical Report.

It is the DWP PIP DM (Case Manager) that makes the final decision, although as DM's are not medically qualified, they generally abide by the Assessor's recommendations.

We have heard from quite a few members where the DM has not abided by the Assessor's recommendations, and failed to make an award.

My first question in challenging the DM's decision would have been, "As the DM is not medically qualified, what evidence were they privy to that led them to go against the PIP Assessor's recommendations" ?

This information may come to light when your appeal is accepted by The Tribunal Service (TS) and you receive The DWP's Evidence Pack. (Bundle)

I gather that you have found our PIP Appeals Guidance, if not, it is on This Page.

See also : Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Make sure that you fill in and send your : SSCS 1 Form (Download.) and copy of your MR Notice so that it arrives at The TS no later than one month from the date of your MR Notice letter.

Sending Documents to The TS.

bro58

More
8 years 7 months ago #140250 by Gazzauk4
Replied by Gazzauk4 on topic Score of 11 by capita and refused by dwp
Thanks for hasty reply. I'm sure a lot of people give up with pip claims and I can't say I'd blame anyone that does. It's an uphill battle but one that I will fight! I'm seeing cab in a few days and getting help with the appeal paperwork. Would like to thank this site for all help and advise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140251 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Score of 11 by capita and refused by dwp

Gazzauk4 wrote: Thanks for hasty reply. I'm sure a lot of people give up with pip claims and I can't say I'd blame anyone that does. It's an uphill battle but one that I will fight! I'm seeing cab in a few days and getting help with the appeal paperwork. Would like to thank this site for all help and advise.

You're welcome Guk4,

Good luck with CAB, and please keep us updated ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.