× Members

Next day PIP assessment

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140274 by Curveball
Next day PIP assessment was created by Curveball
Evening, wonder if you can tell me if this is normal, i got a call around 1920 hrs this evening and am to attend a PIP assessment with Capita at 0925 tomorrow morning. They only got my completed claim form on the first of this month. i was an indefinite DLA claimant. i will do as asked and attend i just thought i might be given a bit more notice.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140275 by
Replied by on topic Next day PIP assessment

Curveball wrote: Evening, wonder if you can tell me if this is normal, i got a call around 1920 hrs this evening and am to attend a PIP assessment with Capita at 0925 tomorrow morning. They only got my completed claim form on the first of this month. i was an indefinite DLA claimant. i will do as asked and attend i just thought i might be given a bit more notice.

Hi Cb,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

No, it is not "normal" !!

You are supposed to be given at least 7 days written notice for an appointment for an assessment.

Although sometimes the 7 days will run from the date of the letter, rather than the date you receive it.

It appears that you have not received a letter of appointment.

The appointment can be sooner than the 7 days, but the claimant must agree to taking the short notice appointment.

It is up to you, but if tomorrow is not convenient for you, you can rearrange an assessment once : Contact Capita.

If you are to attend, you can read what to expect from page 70 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the PIP Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments and/or recommendations within the PA4 PIP medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

More
8 years 7 months ago #140277 by Curveball
Replied by Curveball on topic Next day PIP assessment
Thank you bro58, I'm in a mess now the stress of the whole process has me upside down but i have combat related ptsd they are fully aware of that and how it affects me, it is on the form and they spring this on me it really has me in a bad way. there has not been 7 days since they signed for the form i sent them so i have not missed any letter i asked on the phone if it was normal and she said yes we can call you up to 8pm at night

More
8 years 7 months ago #140290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Next day PIP assessment

Curveball wrote: Thank you bro58, I'm in a mess now the stress of the whole process has me upside down but i have combat related ptsd they are fully aware of that and how it affects me, it is on the form and they spring this on me it really has me in a bad way. there has not been 7 days since they signed for the form i sent them so i have not missed any letter i asked on the phone if it was normal and she said yes we can call you up to 8pm at night

Hope it went well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140340 by Curveball
Replied by Curveball on topic Next day PIP assessment
thanks Gordon, i called at 8am and made a new appointment for late next week, have to admit they were a bit off with me on the phone but i aint worried about their feelings

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.