× Members

ESA Medical after 12 months

More
8 years 7 months ago #140293 by shirleymoore
ESA Medical after 12 months was created by shirleymoore
Hi,
I have been receiving CB ESA assessment phase rate for almost a year. I have had my medical date changed several times and now am awaiting another date, after I asked for my medical to be recorded.
It looks like this may not happen before the year is up. I will not be eligible for income based ESA so what happens at the 12 month point? Will it stop? Will it continue until the assessment if I keep submitting fit notes?
I am somewhat better than I was 12 months ago, although not yet ready for work. Will my medical be based on how I am now or what I was like over the last year? I am obviously hoping to get my award backdated. I wouldn't expect to be put in the support group, but would hope to not be deemed fit for work over the last year.
Anyone experienced anything similar?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical after 12 months

Shirley wrote: Hi,
I have been receiving CB ESA assessment phase rate for almost a year. I have had my medical date changed several times and now am awaiting another date, after I asked for my medical to be recorded.
It looks like this may not happen before the year is up. I will not be eligible for income based ESA so what happens at the 12 month point? Will it stop? Will it continue until the assessment if I keep submitting fit notes?
I am somewhat better than I was 12 months ago, although not yet ready for work. Will my medical be based on how I am now or what I was like over the last year? I am obviously hoping to get my award backdated. I wouldn't expect to be put in the support group, but would hope to not be deemed fit for work over the last year.
Anyone experienced anything similar?
Thanks

I'm afraid the law makes no exceptions for this situation, your payments will stop after 365 days.

It is important that you continue with your claim, if you close it or lose your current Limited Capability for Work then you will lose any opportunity for back payment.

You will continue to receive NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension.

If placed in the WRAG then your payments will not be re-instated, you will receive back payment of the WRAG component from week 14 of your claim to the end of the 365 days.

If placed in the Support Group then your payments will be re-instated at the SG rate and you will receive back payment from week 14 to the date of the Decision.

The assessment will be based on how you are on the day, unfortunately you are suffering from the results of bad management of the ESA system by the Government, it is a process that was intended to be completed within 13 weeks not 13 months!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: shirleymoore

More
8 years 7 months ago #140337 by shirleymoore
Replied by shirleymoore on topic ESA Medical after 12 months
What happens if I get put in the WRAG? Will I be expected to attend interviews etc, even if I am no longer getting any benefits?

More
8 years 7 months ago #140338 by shirleymoore
Replied by shirleymoore on topic ESA Medical after 12 months
Will I still be expected to go to work related interviews if placed in WRAG, even though I would not be receiving any benefits? Thanks.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140346 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Medical after 12 months

Shirley wrote: Will I still be expected to go to work related interviews if placed in WRAG, even though I would not be receiving any benefits? Thanks.

Hi S,

If you are in receipt of NI Credits only, you cannot be compelled to take part in WFI's or WRA.

However, to keep your ESA claim "Live" you will have to take part in periodic reassessments of your WRAG award.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.