× Members

Appeal ESA

More
8 years 7 months ago #140302 by angelcake
Appeal ESA was created by angelcake
Hi there,

Please can you give me some advice.

I have my appeal on Friday so in 3days time. I have a welfare officer coming with me to the appeal. She has helped me with it. But I'm getting in a panic as I don't feel prepared.

I did submit some more evidence of why I thought I should be put in the support group and the tribunal have that. My welfare officer read through it before it was sent and she said that she'd let me know if she thought there would be any risk of losing the benefit - which she hasn't so presume it is ok.

I've just started to read the appeal guide to try and prepare but my anxiety is severe and I feel panicky that I've not prepared enough and there is little time left. my welfare officer is not that available I asked if i could speak to her before the appeal and she does not get back to me.

Could you tell me how best I can prepare? and what I can do in the next few days as I'm panicking that there is something that I've/ welfare officer has not done or should be doing so I'm prepared?

I've just read in the guide that the welfare officer helps you prepare your case and I'm not sure whether she has done that or not? could you advise me of what I need to be sorting out with her?

thank you
AC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140306 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeal ESA
AC

Although submitting evidence and explanation to the Tribunal is important, the bulk of the Decision will be based on their questioning on the day, so the things you can do to prepare are to read through your original claim form and the evidence you attached to make sure you can explain how you are effected by your conditions, providing a consistent picture of your problems will go a long way towards you winning your case.

In terms of the hearing, try to stay calm, I know that it is easier said than done, try not to let yourself be rushed into an answer, try and take some time to think about the question before you answer.

Speaking from personal experience, you will likely find the Tribunal to be quite intimidating, but they should be fair and give you an opportunity to explain your problems.

Best of luck.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.