× Members

PIP appeal

More
8 years 8 months ago #140311 by princess tamina
PIP appeal was created by princess tamina
I received a letter from the tribunals service date 17 August, acknowledging receipt of my PIP appeal. It said that my appeal documentation has been forwarded to the DWP and that they have 28 days in which to respond. When is the 28 days calculated from and is it calendar days or working days?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140321 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal

princess tamina wrote: I received a letter from the tribunals service date 17 August, acknowledging receipt of my PIP appeal. It said that my appeal documentation has been forwarded to the DWP and that they have 28 days in which to respond. When is the 28 days calculated from and is it calendar days or working days?

It's calendar days from the date of the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #140322 by princess tamina
Replied by princess tamina on topic PIP appeal
Thanks Gordon.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140629 by princess tamina
Today is day 28 and still no communication from the DWP about my appeal. I rang at the end of last week to see whether they were ready to send anything out, but the person I spoke to could see nothing on screen and has requested a callback for me, which can take up to 5 working days.

Does anyone else have experience of waiting for appeal documentation from the DWP? Do they usually leave it till the last possible moment to send out their response? I am hoping they may change their decision before it goes to appeal, but don't know how often this happens.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140646 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal

princess tamina wrote: Today is day 28 and still no communication from the DWP about my appeal. I rang at the end of last week to see whether they were ready to send anything out, but the person I spoke to could see nothing on screen and has requested a callback for me, which can take up to 5 working days.

Does anyone else have experience of waiting for appeal documentation from the DWP? Do they usually leave it till the last possible moment to send out their response? I am hoping they may change their decision before it goes to appeal, but don't know how often this happens.

It used to be that it was almost unheard of for the DWP to take as long as 28 days or to even fail to provide their appeal submission, but we now hear of it happening quite regularly in regard to PIP appeals.

If they don't meet the 28 days then the Court will likely write to them (you will get a copy), reminding them that they need to do so.

Whilst the DWP can revise the Decision in your favour at any time prior to the hearing, they are most likely to do this a couple of days before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #140652 by princess tamina
Thanks, Gordon. I rang the Tribunals Service to check whether they had received anything, in case the papers sent to me had gone astray, but they've had nothing either. They reiterated what you've said about chasing it up if they hear nothing, so it's a waiting game yet again. I never cease to be amazed at how the DWP impose strict time limits on claimants, but don't appear to Have the same sense of urgency when the ball is in their court. I will wait for my callback and see if it clarifies anything!

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.