× Members

Changing from DLA to PIP first payment

• texmex
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140312 by texmex
Hi, I was originally receiving DLA (low rate care & high rate mobility), and had my care component paid to my bank account, I received my award letter from PIP stating that I was entitled to Standard rate Living component and Standard rate Mobility component from 29 July. My payment date for DLA was a Tuesday (every 4 weeks) and I received my last payment from them on 28 July for £65.40 which I presume is 3 weeks payment, my next payment from PIP was paid on 25 August for £296.62 which is £10.98 less than a 4 week payment, which I can't see why this has happened. I have phoned PIP on 27 Aug to ask for an explanation and they say I'm only entitled to 3 weeks and so many days, but I fail to see how this is, and they said they would get someone to call me back within 5 working days, I still have had no call back, or correspondence from PIP to clarify anything. I have phoned again to ask the same question, and I've been given the same response. It used to be that you would be notified of the amount of your first payment and the dates from & to, this hasn't happened ,and I've received nothing from DLA for my final payment either
Can anyone tell me are they correct? or am I entitled to the extra £10.98?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140323 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Changing from DLA to PIP first payment
Texmex

Another member has also reported problems with their first PIP payment, there's is more complicated but one of the things that they mentioned was that their payment day was moved from Tuesday to Monday which would be consistent with the amount that you have been paid (27 days).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• texmex
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140467 by texmex
Replied by texmex on topic Changing from DLA to PIP first payment
thanks for your reply, I thought I'd let you know, that I received my call back from PIP today, and the guy that phoned, has virtually said that there seems to be an error in the computer system set up, and that I would probably, he wouldn't commit to anything, receive the extra day with my next payment scheduled for 22 September, and if the extra day wasn't included I was to call back. He said he couldn't see what payment was being generated on the system because it was too far in advance.
I am also waiting on a mandatory reconsideration to be completed of my claim, and I've been told there is at least a 9 week waiting list for this (I've already waited approx. 6 weeks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.