× Members

Indefinite DLA to PIP

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140385 by helen198
Indefinite DLA to PIP was created by helen198
Hi, I have an indefinite DLA award and my postcode has come up for PIP transfer. Could you clarify the process for 'first contact'?
I have been told by a welfare rights advisor that I will first get a letter from the DWP asking me to phone them to start a claim for PIP, and I will have 28 days to do this. Then I will be sent a PIP2 'How your disability affects you' form and I will have a further 28 days to do that.
I've just got a feeling this isn't right. I think I will just get a letter with the PIP2 form and the 28 days runs from there.
Thanks. Any info gratefully received.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140388 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Indefinite DLA to PIP

Kladow177 wrote: Hi, I have an indefinite DLA award and my postcode has come up for PIP transfer. Could you clarify the process for 'first contact'?

I have been told by a welfare rights advisor that I will first get a letter from the DWP asking me to phone them to start a claim for PIP, and I will have 28 days to do this. Then I will be sent a PIP2 'How your disability affects you' form and I will have a further 28 days to do that.

I've just got a feeling this isn't right. I think I will just get a letter with the PIP2 form and the 28 days runs from there.
Thanks. Any info gratefully received.

Hi K177,

The way that the DLA to PIP transfer process has been described to you seems about right

Please note that you do not have to do anything to instigate the transfer, DWP will contact you.

Just because you are in one of the Postcodes does not mean that you will receive an "invite" straight away.

See this extract : "Not everyone in these postcode areas will be contacted to claim PIP right away. Claimants can be contacted any time between 13 July 2015 and 30 September 2017."

So the process will be ongoing for the next 2 years

Here is our corresponding News Story : Lifetime DLA claimants forced to apply for PIP early in 29 more postcode areas.

You could prepare and put yourself "ahead of the game" by taking up the suggestion of using The Specimin PIP 2 Form in : This Post

The DLA to PIP transfer process is fully explained in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page) which should also be used when filling in your PIP 2.

Here is our : PIP Self Test

Here is a resume of : How The PIP Points System Works.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.