× Members

appeals

More
8 years 7 months ago #140400 by stu
appeals was created by stu
Hi i have been placed in a work related esa group&would like to be moved to a support group as my condition has worsened .i have sent a manditory reconcideration in &had an assecessment &been placed back in the work related group &been told i can appeal .whats the best advice &any tips for when i attend the appeal thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140412 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic appeals

stu wrote: Hi i have been placed in a work related esa group&would like to be moved to a support group as my condition has worsened .i have sent a manditory reconcideration in &had an assecessment &been placed back in the work related group &been told i can appeal .whats the best advice &any tips for when i attend the appeal thanks .

Hi stu,

If you have received The Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Notice letter from DWP informing you that you are to remain in The WRAG, you can now appeal that MR decision directly to The Tribunal Service (TS) by filling in and posting an : SSCS 1 Form (Download Link) along with a copy of The MR Notice letter, to arrive at the TS no later than one month from the date of the MR Notice letter.

Sending Documents to The TS.

The ESA appeals process is covered in our : ESA Appeals Guidance

See also : Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

&

MOJ Video of “mock” ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

To be successful at appeal and gain access to The Support Group. (SG) you would have to show that you qualify for The SG under at least one of : The Functional SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors or, if not under any of those, under : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG. (LCWRA)

In particular with ESA Reg 35, you would have to show that there would be a "Substantial Risk" to your health or that of another if you continued to be compelled to take part in any form of WRA.

See : Qualifying for the Support Group

From our : ESA FAQ’s

&

ESA Claims Guides

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140437 by stu
Replied by stu on topic appeals
Hi I'm intending to appeal against the decision of being in a work related group as I think I should be in a support group.the question I have is who could represent me at the appeal the cab say they can't spare anyone to help me thanks.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140438 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic appeals

stu wrote: Hi I'm intending to appeal against the decision of being in a work related group as I think I should be in a support group.the question I have is who could represent me at the appeal the cab say they can't spare anyone to help me thanks.

Hi s,

Please try and keep your posts in the one topic for continuity.

Potential sources of help and advice can be seen below :

Where to get advice

Or, you could put Welfare Rights/Advice into Google for your Town/Postcode.

If you are over 50, you could try : Age UK

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.