× Members

DLA to PIP if already state pension age?

More
8 years 8 months ago #140429 by lyndilou
Hello can anyone clarify for me the rules regarding moving from lifetime award DLA when of state pension age? I am now getting my star pension ( I had to wait until I was 62 years & 7 months old!) Will I still be asked claim for PIP when our postcode comes around. I have read conflicting stories about being retirement age and not having to change to PIP and then another story said only if you were born before a certain date. I am so anxious about all this I am beginning to confuse myself! Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #140440 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP if already state pension age?

lynda wrote: Hello can anyone clarify for me the rules regarding moving from lifetime award DLA when of state pension age? I am now getting my star pension ( I had to wait until I was 62 years & 7 months old!) Will I still be asked claim for PIP when our postcode comes around. I have read conflicting stories about being retirement age and not having to change to PIP and then another story said only if you were born before a certain date. I am so anxious about all this I am beginning to confuse myself! Thanks

Hi l,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If you were below 65 years of age on 08/04/2013, you will be invited to claim PIP.

See : Lifetime DLA claimants forced to apply for PIP early in 29 more postcode areas.

This Post

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

&

PIP Self Test

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris