× Members

DLA to PIP if already state pension age?

More
8 years 7 months ago #140429 by lyndilou
Hello can anyone clarify for me the rules regarding moving from lifetime award DLA when of state pension age? I am now getting my star pension ( I had to wait until I was 62 years & 7 months old!) Will I still be asked claim for PIP when our postcode comes around. I have read conflicting stories about being retirement age and not having to change to PIP and then another story said only if you were born before a certain date. I am so anxious about all this I am beginning to confuse myself! Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140440 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP if already state pension age?

lynda wrote: Hello can anyone clarify for me the rules regarding moving from lifetime award DLA when of state pension age? I am now getting my star pension ( I had to wait until I was 62 years & 7 months old!) Will I still be asked claim for PIP when our postcode comes around. I have read conflicting stories about being retirement age and not having to change to PIP and then another story said only if you were born before a certain date. I am so anxious about all this I am beginning to confuse myself! Thanks

Hi l,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If you were below 65 years of age on 08/04/2013, you will be invited to claim PIP.

See : Lifetime DLA claimants forced to apply for PIP early in 29 more postcode areas.

This Post

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

&

PIP Self Test

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.