× Members

ESA & DLA to PIP App forms - ASD & DEPRESSION

• Jonnysmum
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140433 by Jonnysmum
Hi all,

I'm a Newbie to this website & forum!

I am Appointee to my 16yr old Autistic son. He also suffers with Severe Depression, Social Communication Disorder, Speech & Language Disorder & Learning difficulties!

I have applied for ESA for him and am getting the initial rates for him at the mo. I now have the further long 20pg Claim Form and am hoping he fits under the "Support Group" element!

I have received DLA for him since the age of 3 and it's just about to change over to PIP! I am now faced with the horrendous task of the 40 page Claim Form!

My son is about to start at a Cambian ASD College in Bournemouth next week (that's if he can cope with it).

I have absolutely loads of different letters about his Depression and assessments, reports etc and some that mention his Autism.......however I'm finding the task of getting into these forms a Nightmare.....not knowing where to start, what to say etc!

Can anyone head me in th right direction of what to write etc etc?

Are there any other Parents that have been through this that can help me out with the forms. I have 2 wks till th deadline pretty please?!?

Many Tx
xxxxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140456 by Gordon
Jonnysmum

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I would start by reading our claim guides for each benefit.

ESA - www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

PIP - www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions about the form or completing it then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140543 by Kazzen161
Replied by Kazzen161 on topic ESA & DLA to PIP App forms - ASD & DEPRESSION
Do not try and fit everything into the small boxes on the form - I sent in lots of typed pages for my son.

Repeat everything over and over if necessary (eg: poor communication is relevant to several of the questions).

Try to think of a typical day and think of all the ways in which his ASD, etc affect him. I think as parents we can become used to their particular needs and forget how much we have to make adjustments to help them get through the day (eg: advance planning for trips).

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.