× Members

Changing Address

More
8 years 7 months ago #140453 by chafur47
Changing Address was created by chafur47
I will be moving out of London within the next few weeks.

Which forms do I need from DWP ??? I am on ESA and indefinite
DLA.

How far ahead do I need to notify of my new address? (Not known yet).

How to avoid payments being stopped? I have no other source of of income.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Changing Address

chafur47 wrote: I will be moving out of London within the next few weeks.

Which forms do I need from DWP ??? I am on ESA and indefinite
DLA.

How far ahead do I need to notify of my new address? (Not known yet).

How to avoid payments being stopped? I have no other source of of income.

Thank you

You need to inform each of the departments that deal with your claims in writing, both ESA and DLA.

As to timings, it can take about 10 days for letters to make it through the DWP internal mail system.

Have you thought about putting a mail re-direct on your current house?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chafur47

• apricot
8 years 7 months ago #140561 by apricot
Replied by apricot on topic Changing Address
I moved last year and wrote to tell DWP. They wrote to me at my new address, so that was fine.
I had 6 months of post redirection. Three months after it ended, the sorting office kindly sent on post that had accumulated after the end of my redirection. This included an invitation to an HCP Assessment in the area where I used to live and a letter asking why I didn't attend, which had already passed the 'reply by' date - so Atos or Maximus hadn't been sent my new address, and I narrowly missed having my ESA stopped. So try to make sure they tell Maximus too.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.