× Members

PIP Appeal procedure

More
8 years 7 months ago #140485 by Fedup
PIP Appeal procedure was created by Fedup
Hi I have a hearing in October for my PIP tribunal appeal. I have severe agorophobia and so asked that my adult son represent me. This week I received letter from Tribunal saying I was expected to attend? Can my son represent me in my absence? what to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal procedure

Fedup wrote: Hi I have a hearing in October for my PIP tribunal appeal. I have severe agorophobia and so asked that my adult son represent me. This week I received letter from Tribunal saying I was expected to attend? Can my son represent me in my absence? what to do?

There are some limited circumstances where a Tribunal panel might allow a trained Representative to attend in place of the claimant, but they certainly won't allow your son to do so.

Your options are-

- attend but this will be taken into account with regard your agoraphobia, are there circumstances where you can leave the house safely, for example a taxi?

- ask for domiciliary hearing where the panel come to your home, it is extremely rare for these to be granted.

- ask for a remote hearing, where you are connected to the hearing using something like skype or through a telephone call, this will largely depend on the technology available at the venue and obviously whether you could manage it.

- go for a paper hearing where you do not attend but I have to warn you that the success rate is statistically a lot lower than for a hearing that you attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140520 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic PIP Appeal procedure
Sorry for hijacking someones post but My son also as Agrophobia.he managed to get to assessment with some difficulty. If we arrive at the tribunal centre but he has panic attack and won't get oui of car will Tribunal adjourn or carry out a paper appeal. I will be attending as a witness I was at the PIP assessment and there was at least one glaring mistake made by the HCP which I want to address so will they here my evidence?

More
8 years 7 months ago #140531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal procedure

Bill24chev wrote: Sorry for hijacking someones post but My son also as Agrophobia.he managed to get to assessment with some difficulty. If we arrive at the tribunal centre but he has panic attack and won't get oui of car will Tribunal adjourn or carry out a paper appeal. I will be attending as a witness I was at the PIP assessment and there was at least one glaring mistake made by the HCP which I want to address so will they here my evidence?

It depends on the Judge on the day, I'm afraid there is no way to pre-empt how they will re-act.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140752 by Fedup
Replied by Fedup on topic PIP Appeal procedure
Today my son saw a leading welfare benefits advisor at Citizens Advice Bureau. She told him I do not need to attend but he does and so would another person knowing my case. She said nothing about a representative being qualified doctor etc..? confused

More
8 years 7 months ago #140754 by Fedup
Replied by Fedup on topic PIP Appeal procedure
Gordon are you sure I have to attend on skype or phone? only CAB told my son different today they told him he can represent me

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.