× Members

esa50 from ib and income support

• Steve Lynn
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140501 by Steve Lynn
esa50 from ib and income support was created by Steve Lynn
Hi all

I have just had a letter from the DWP on september the 6th
Saying that my benefit is changing and that i will be recieving a call from them within two weeks of the letter.
I have been in receipt of income support and ib since leaving school, and am totally dumbfounded by what is going on after becoming a member of this great site.
I havnt had the phone call from the dwp yet to say that im getting an esa50 in the post.
I was crushed by the wheels of a lorry when i was just 13 years old which left me with mobility problems, and need help in my every day needs.
I have been intouch with the welfare rights, who have refered me to someone who works for them to get the ball rolling.
I have also made an appointment with my doctor, for medical reports.
Was just wondering which way some of you people went about things, and weather im going the right way.
Would appreciate some of your comments as a new member.
Thanks in advance.
Regards Steve
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140507 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa50
SL

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We always advise members that if they can get face to face advice to take up the opportunity, however, I would still recommend that you have a look at our ESA Claim guides to make sure you are as informed as possible, this is your claim and only you profit or lose by the result.

The guides are on the following link, there is also an Understanding ESA guide that explains how the benefit operates.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have further questions then please try and reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Steve Lynn
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140511 by Steve Lynn
Replied by Steve Lynn on topic esa50
Hi all

I have just had a letter from the DWP on september the 6th
Saying that my benefit is changing and that i will be recieving a call from them within two weeks of the letter.
I have been in receipt of income support and ib since leaving school, and am totally dumbfounded by what is going on after becoming a member of this great site.
I havnt had the phone call from the dwp yet to say that im getting an esa50 in the post.
I was crushed by the wheels of a lorry when i was just 13 years old which left me with mobility problems, and need help in my every day needs.
I have been intouch with the welfare rights, who have refered me to someone who works for them to get the ball rolling.
I have also made an appointment with my doctor, for medical reports.
Was just wondering which way some of you people went about things, and weather im going the right way.
Would appreciate some of your comments as a new member.
Thanks in advance.
Regards Steve

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140512 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa50
Hi,

Gordon has answered your original duplicate query above ! :)

bro58

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140513 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa50

• Steve Lynn
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140524 by Steve Lynn
Replied by Steve Lynn on topic esa50 from ib and income support
Hi all.

I have reieved a letter from the dwp on the 6th of September saying my benefits is changing, and will be ringing me within two weeks of the date on the letter.
After joining this site i am guessing its an esa50 form to fill in.
At current i am on income support and ib, but undetstand now that everyone is been put back through the system.
I was in a road traffic accident when i was 13.
I am now 47 so never been able to work due to my problems with mobility.
I have done the mock test and ended up with around 50 points. Someone on your able said to many points can put you in WRAG rather than the support group.
Can anyone confirm weather this is true?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.