× Members

Disability premiums ESA

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140553 by Eggcustard
Disability premiums ESA was created by Eggcustard
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me who is entitled to disability premiums one ESA and how to apply.

I am in support group and have PIP standard level daily living and mobility,

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140555 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Disability premiums ESA
Hi Ec,

Premiums are payable only if you are in receipt of income-related ESA, either in entirety or as a top-up. If you do not receive the ir benefit and think you might be entitled, you should contact DWP and ask for an ESA3 which would collect details of your financial situation. This includes household income, assets and the hours your partner (if you live with one) works.

ESA Premiums

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #140565 by Eggcustard
Replied by Eggcustard on topic Disability premiums ESA
Ok, thanks for that, I receive contribution based so won't qualify, it was worth asking though, thanks again.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140601 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability premiums ESA

Eggcustard wrote: Ok, thanks for that, I receive contribution based so won't qualify, it was worth asking though, thanks again.

You may be eligible for Income Related ESA as a top-up to your ESA, this will be dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140734 by Eggcustard
Replied by Eggcustard on topic Disability premiums ESA
Thank you for your reply. I am above the income threshold for income base ESA so as far as I can tell I can't claim premiums.

Are there any other benefits that depend on having the daily living component of PIP? This element is new for me, I only had mobility before. My partner works so I think I have applied for everything possible but just wanted to check.

I'm asking here because it's very difficult for me to get to the local CAB for advice,

Thanks again.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140748 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability premiums ESA

Eggcustard wrote: Thank you for your reply. I am above the income threshold for income base ESA so as far as I can tell I can't claim premiums.

Are there any other benefits that depend on having the daily living component of PIP? This element is new for me, I only had mobility before. My partner works so I think I have applied for everything possible but just wanted to check.

I'm asking here because it's very difficult for me to get to the local CAB for advice,

Thanks again.

Carers Allowance if your husband can provide 35 hours of care a week and does not earn more than about £102/week.

I think everything else is dependant on you receiving an Income Based benefit, have you checked eligibility for Pension Credit, the earnings limits are higher, although not significantly.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: billy

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.