× Members

ESA Support Group and 'Sharing Accommodation'

More
8 years 8 months ago #140572 by Great Aunt L
ESA Support Group and 'Sharing Accommodation' was created by Great Aunt L
Hello

My great-nephew has Aspergers and is in the ESA Support Group. Following the death of his grandmother, my sister, with whom he lived, we moved him 300 miles to where we live. We helped him rent a little house close to us but the extra financial assistance we were giving him became too much.

We have subsequently moved him permanently into our - mortgage free - home. The only income my husband (74) and I (66) receive are retirement occupational and state pensions - no 'extras'.
My great nephew informed DWP of his move and has now received a form LTF1 04/14 which asks questions about who he shares his 'accommodation' with.

I have no problem with 'listing' my husband and myself but what I really need to ask is will this change affect his benefit? I've looked on various sites without finding anything helpful.

Advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Great Aunt L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140607 by Gordon
LH

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You and your husband should not be considered part of your great nephew's household and should not a direct effect on his benefits, however, he may be receiving a Premium which is dependant on his living alone or being considered to be living alone, the Severe Disability Premium and he may now lose this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #140625 by Great Aunt L
Replied by Great Aunt L on topic ESA Support Group and 'Sharing Accommodation'
Thank you Gordon

It was just the nature of the form that had me worried. His benefits have been the same from early last year when he moved from a flat of his own to live with his Nan for a few months before her death.

Good to have this website.

Lorraine

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.