× Members

PIP MR -

• wonderfulwife
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140578 by wonderfulwife
PIP MR - was created by wonderfulwife
evening all members, I applied for pip on 11th june 2015 was transferring from low rate care and high mobility dla, was on this for 3 years, had my face to face medical with atos on 14th august in my own home..
I feel the assessment went ok, nurse didn't ask me to walk or even take any steps just asked me lots of questions to do with my condition and how it affects me. received my decision a week ago 6 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility, I only lost out on 2 points for enhanced mobility so along with my welfare officer I am asking for mandatory review to see if we can get the 2 points to get enhanced rate mobility... there was lots of discrepancies in the points awarded and what actually was spoken about in my assessment, but I am not going to have a battle with them over all questions just a couple!
has anybody asked for mandatory review and what was the outcome? also how long does this take? I have a letter from my gp supporting my claim to send with my mandatory review.
thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140608 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR -
wonderfulwife

If you have a look through the forum you will see that the majority of posts that we are dealing with at the moment are related to PIP MRs and appeals.

Please be aware that requesting an MR opens your whole claim to revision and whilst it is unusual, your existing award can be reduced or even removed.

MRs can take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months.

Please have a look at our PIP Appeal guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• wonderfulwife
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140928 by wonderfulwife
Replied by wonderfulwife on topic PIP MR -
hi thanks for the reply, my mr was sent with a letter from my gp confirming a couple of the pointers which I lost points on which should have been awarded, mr and letter was sent on Tuesday afternoon so now fingers crossed and re-await the dreaded brown envelope!

if my award gets taken away from me I will appeal at tribunal, but for now we will await the decision on the mr
thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.