× Members

PIP assessment

More
8 years 8 months ago #140598 by fastmoggy
PIP assessment was created by fastmoggy
Hi, Just a quick question regarding the PIP assessment.

My wife qualified for the enhanced rate of pay for a set period which is to end in the summer 0f 2016 BUT has had to fill in another pip form and has now to attended an assessment this week.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? her current situation has changed very little since the last one with supporting evidence to reaffirm this.
As you can imagine we are both very worried as to why this is happening to us.
Any help would be much appreciated given the length of time she was notified of this assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140617 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

fastmoggy wrote: Hi, Just a quick question regarding the PIP assessment.

My wife qualified for the enhanced rate of pay for a set period which is to end in the summer 0f 2016 BUT has had to fill in another pip form and has now to attended an assessment this week.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? her current situation has changed very little since the last one with supporting evidence to reaffirm this.
As you can imagine we are both very worried as to why this is happening to us.
Any help would be much appreciated given the length of time she was notified of this assessment.

For reasons best know to the DWP, all fixed term awards are being re-assessed a year in advance of their ending, this is a full review of her claim, so the form needs to be completed in detail and evidence as available, supplied to support it.

Please make sure that you use the latest PIP Claim guide as there have been some updates tho the DWP guidance recently.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140624 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic PIP assessment
Thanks for your reply regarding my wife's impending PIP assessment this week.

I have read( I hope!) all the relevant information we needed before we filled the form out which took a long time as we found it very contradictory.

I have all the relevant information needed from the site as to how to continue if things don't go well but sincerely hope we don't have to go down that path for a 4th time :(
Again thanks and any information that might prove useful for the meeting with the HCP wwould be greatly appreciated.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140638 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

fastmoggy wrote: Thanks for your reply regarding my wife's impending PIP assessment this week.

I have read( I hope!) all the relevant information we needed before we filled the form out which took a long time as we found it very contradictory.

I have all the relevant information needed from the site as to how to continue if things don't go well but sincerely hope we don't have to go down that path for a 4th time :(
Again thanks and any information that might prove useful for the meeting with the HCP wwould be greatly appreciated.

The assessment is covered, including the questions likely to be asked at the back of the PIP Claim guide.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastmoggy

More
8 years 7 months ago #140770 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic PIP assessment
Hi all, We had a call from capita yesterday to say that my wife's face to face appointment had to be cancelled the following day and that they'd call with another appointment soon as there was any available. This didn't go down too well as I had to take the day off work so I could be with my wife at the interview with help and support.
being made to wait for that 'phone call' just adds to what is already a stressful situation so
I gave it 10 minutes and rang back to see if there any appointments available and was gobsmacked at how many appointments there were.
face to face appointments are more difficult to arrange so I was expecting quite a wait but we now have another one for quite soon giving me just enough time to arrange yet another unpaid day off work!

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140782 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP assessment
Hi fm,

I have merged your topics for continuity !!

Sorry to hear that Capita have "messed you around" !!

Good luck and please update us by replying to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.