× Members

Gloucestershire (GL) Claims

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140620 by talushkin
Gloucestershire (GL) Claims was created by talushkin
Does anyone know how they're doing in Gloucestershire? I know it's virtually impossible...but does anyone know when I'll be reassessed for PIP, I'm on DLA now...and does anyone know what happens to the carer's allowance...thanks x
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140621 by talushkin
Replied by talushkin on topic Gloucestershire (GL) Claims
Does anyone know what happens to carers allowance when being switched from DLA to PIP?

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140635 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Gloucestershire (GL) Claims

talushkin wrote: Does anyone know how they're doing in Gloucestershire? I know it's virtually impossible...but does anyone know when I'll be reassessed for PIP, I'm on DLA now...and does anyone know what happens to the carer's allowance...thanks x

Hi t,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

As you will see from our News Article : Lifetime DLA claimants forced to apply for PIP early in 29 more postcode areas.

The GL Postcode became "PIP Active" for DLA Recipients with Indefinite/Lifetime Awards from 01/09/15.

However, as reiterated in : This Post

"Not everyone in these postcode areas will be contacted to claim PIP right away. Claimants can be contacted any time between 13 July 2015 and 30 September 2017."

See also :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

&

PIP Self Test

For the person who is currently receiving the Carers Allowance (CA) to continue receiving CA, the person that they are providing care for would need to attain a Standard or Enhanced Daily Living Award when transferred over to PIP from DLA.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140636 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Gloucestershire (GL) Claims

talushkin wrote: Does anyone know what happens to carers allowance when being switched from DLA to PIP?

Providing the caree receives an award for Daily Living then it should have no effect, however, I am aware of several claimants where the DWP have mucked up the transfer by closing the CA when the DLA ceased and not restarted it with the PIP, so you should monitor the situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: talushkin

More
8 years 8 months ago #141039 by talushkin
Replied by talushkin on topic Gloucestershire (GL) Claims
Hello, I am on DLA and ESA and am justt about to be reassessed for PIP...will I receive anything at all whilst the claim is being assessed? I've always thought that I'll get the DLA at least for a couple of months after returning the claim form, but someone has just told me that I'll have to claim jobseekers...is this right? I'm in the indefinite DLA category.I hate to sound mercenary, but I have counsellors and therapists etc. to pay. thanks x

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #141045 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Gloucestershire (GL) Claims

talushkin wrote: Hello, I am on DLA and ESA and am justt about to be reassessed for PIP...will I receive anything at all whilst the claim is being assessed? I've always thought that I'll get the DLA at least for a couple of months after returning the claim form, but someone has just told me that I'll have to claim jobseekers...is this right? I'm in the indefinite DLA category.I hate to sound mercenary, but I have counsellors and therapists etc. to pay. thanks x

Hi t,

I have merged your topics for continuity.

Once your transfer from DLA to PIP begins, as long as you abide by all the deadline dates, you will continue to receive your current rate of DLA until 4 weeks after the date of your PIP decision, no matter what that PIP decision may be.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris