× Members

Going self employed

• Rob Roy
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140628 by Rob Roy
Going self employed was created by Rob Roy
I am receiving DLA high mobility middle rate care and am in the work related support group . Due to friends terminal illness I have been offered his small internet business for nothing. I think I might be able to manage it 16 hours a week from home. My MS seems quite stable at the moment and will be getting a good deal of support from friends and family. Am I a fool for even considering this? Is there a time limit where by if I can't manage I can go back to the WRSG without all the all the tests ? Will this bring forward my having to go onto PIP?

Cheers,Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140644 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Going self employed

Rob Roy wrote: I am receiving DLA high mobility middle rate care and am in the work related support group . Due to friends terminal illness I have been offered his small internet business for nothing. I think I might be able to manage it 16 hours a week from home. My MS seems quite stable at the moment and will be getting a good deal of support from friends and family. Am I a fool for even considering this? Is there a time limit where by if I can't manage I can go back to the WRSG without all the all the tests ? Will this bring forward my having to go onto PIP?

Cheers,Rob

You may be able to do Permitted Work whilst still receiving ESA, there is a guide in the ESA section that explains how it works.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you do close your claim then you can make a rapid re-claim within 12 weeks, after this it will be a new claim and you will need to meet the eligibility criteria from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Rob Roy
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140692 by Rob Roy
Replied by Rob Roy on topic Going self employed
So much for not being better of on benefits then.
Rob.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.